Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

GMScotch

Old October 27th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Greetings and Heylo,

I am looking at how I could use the lab's skeleton system to create characters for Palladium's BTS 2nd Edition. It would be more tweaking of base names then formula to calculate stats, they aren't that involved in the system but using the lab would speed up creation immensly. Beyond the games character sheet info I don't have any non doc./pdf files. Maybe this won't work here but I figured I would check anyhow.

Any advice (which is relevant) would be great

Thanks
GMScotch is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2015, 01:28 PM
If the question you're asking is "Can Hero Lab be turned into this system?" I've never seen anything in a roleplaying game that you couldn't figure out a way to have Hero Lab handle. It's just a matter of putting in the effort to learn Hero Lab's system, and figure out how to represent your game there.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GMScotch

Old November 5th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Okay, that being stated. I haven't found any tutorials for the system to do this. There were some on youtube but they weren't geared to day one user types, perhaps there are posted elsewhere this information, my understanding of the system is day one in that regard.
GMScotch is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GMScotch

Old November 10th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Great, there a tangible tutorial that shows a completely new person how to do so?
GMScotch is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 10th, 2015, 07:41 AM
In Hero Lab's Help menu, choose "More Documentation", and then "Authoring Kit Manual". That will take you to a page with a link - click that link. It will take you to the Authoring Kit Wiki:http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....itle=Main_Page

There, go to "Authoring Examples", and then "Savage Worlds Walkthrough": http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....s_Walk-Through

That's a description of how the skeleton files were turned into the Savage Worlds game system.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GMScotch

Old November 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I will look that over than.

Cheers and Thanks
GMScotch is offline   #6 Reply With Quote