Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

EightBitz

Old February 3rd, 2016, 01:32 PM
I have a list of things called "Links".
I set up a chooser_table in a portal that let's a user choose one of the links.
I also have a list of things called "Descriptors".
I have an ability called "Initial Link" that is bootstrapped by the descriptor.
Each descriptor is supposed to be able to pick from one of four links, but each descriptor will pick from a different set of four.

Some links apply to more than one descriptor.

What I would like to be able to do is, when the chooser table is displayed, either only display the four Links that apply to the chosen descriptor, or have only those four links display as valid.

I've tried using different tag expressions in the <candidate> element of the chooser table, but everything I've tried has given some some sort of error.

I've tried using the <prereq> element in a given link thing, but I can't find anyway to include an "or" operator.

I've tried using a validation script, but when the game compiles, I get an error about my reference to hero.findchild[Descriptor].field[name].text.

So I'm kinda lost here. So far, rubber-band troubleshooting has not worked, and cardboard Mathias has not worked.

Is it possible to do what I'd like to do?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:17 PM
What I'd try for this is needtag elements on the table where the links are added - each link will have an identity tag, and the descriptors will get the tags for all the links that allow them.

The link will forward that identity tag to the hero when added, and then the needtag expression on the portal can compare the tags on the items to the tags on the hero, and will only show the ones that have a matching tag.

Alternatively, if you'd like to show the entire list of descriptors, in case the user thinks that this link over there is perfect for their character, even if it's not a normal option, I'd set up the identity tag the same way as for the needtag - the link forwards it to the hero, and the descriptors have the same tag on them. Then, your prereq will be on the descriptor, and tests

validif (altthing.intersect[ThatTag,ThatTag] <> 0)
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:56 PM
Perfect. Thanks.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote