Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with us recently. I know we haven't been giving you and this game the attention it deserves, and we're still behind on getting new content entered for M&M. We're not ready to move forward with new M&M content and bug fixes right at this moment, but the good news is that in the upcoming months we are definitely going to be making some changes and improvements, which I'll outline here.

When we originally created the Mutants & Masterminds data files, I was the one tasked with building the game system, keeping it up to date and fixing bugs, in addition to my usual duties of writing some of the code for Hero Lab. As our Realm Works project gathered steam, I started spending more of my time on actual Hero Lab code - adding new features and fixing bugs in the core product. I've also been leading the implementation of a number of related projects, like the Mac version of Hero Lab and our iPad character sheet app for Pathfinder. This is all great stuff for Hero Lab, but it hasn't left me which much time to work on Mutants and Masterminds.

The good news is that we'll soon be assigning a new data file author to Mutants and Masterminds! Hollis is an experienced M&M player and GM who's been cutting his teeth working on Pathfinder for us. Once he's finished with his current project (getting the Fate Core game system released), we'll be reassigning him to Mutants and Masterminds to add new content, such as the Supernaturals and Power Profiles books, as well as fixing bugs. I'm hoping that will be happening around the end of January, which means that we'll hopefully have some progress to show you towards the end of Q1 2014.

We've also had two new developers working on Hero Lab for the last 2 months, who have been working on an awesome new feature we think GMs will love. We'll be announcing it in next week's newsletter, so if you're not subscribed, go sign up now!

Again, sorry for the lack of M&M updates in the last few months. We're working on changing things for the better and hope to make 2014 a more interesting year.

Happy holidays, and hope everyone has a great new year!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks Colen for the update, I just started working on my game world and will be needing some questions answered in the up coming months. When I get further into putting things into the program. That's why I had asked about any news about it. Just wanted to say you guys in the Wolflair are great. So that's all I have to say except:

Merry Christmas to all at the Wolflair and I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday and that Santa brings you everything you wanted.
Peace out - Jbear
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 24th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Colen, and hope your holidays are treating you well.
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old December 25th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the update.
Looking forwards to seeing the new release when it comes out.
Mad Hamish is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jreyst

Old December 25th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Also, on that same subject, the M&M SRD at http://www.d20herosrd.com will be getting some significant updates in the next month or so now that working on SRDs is my only job I hope to be able to help Lone Wolf promote both Hero Lab via the M&M SRD and via helping increase the usage in general. A lot of Open Game Content M&M stuff will start hitting the site soon and we're going to have some M&M articles in the first issue of the new quarterly format of Open Gaming Quarterly magazine. So YAY Lone Wolf for supporting M&M!
jreyst is offline   #5 Reply With Quote