Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

DeathSheep

Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:06 PM
Is it possible to make multiple ability tables for a class using the same (say Tertiary) table, but swap out the tables based on the archetype chosen?
DeathSheep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeathSheep

Old November 24th, 2021, 07:31 AM
I thought I had a clever solution. I created a configurable for a given archetype and built a table that was tied to the configurable. Then I bootstrapped the configurable to the archetype, but I get an error "Linkage pick 'table' not located for current context". I feel like I'm on the right track, so how do I get the table to become available?
DeathSheep is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeathSheep

Old November 28th, 2021, 12:46 PM
I've very nearly got this. Here is the code as it is:

Code:
    <bootstrap thing="cfgPRArmorMech"></bootstrap>
    <eval phase="PostLevel" priority="10000"><![CDATA[    doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

~ Set number of modification slots
    field[abValue].value += (field[xCount].value + 3)

~ Allow the modifications slots to be used.
       hero.childfound[cfgPRArmorMech].field[cfgMax3].value = field[abValue].value]]></eval>
    <eval phase="Render" priority="10000" index="2"><![CDATA[      field[listname].text = "Modified Armor " & signed(field[xIndex].value + 3) & "Slots"]]></eval>
The abValue field is being set properly, but the cfgMax3 field is only picking up the first instance of the ability. It is not picking up the changed abValue field when further instances are bootstrapped. So what am I missing here to make the number of choices increase?
DeathSheep is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeathSheep

Old November 29th, 2021, 11:00 AM
I think it's finally working! On to the next problem.
DeathSheep is offline   #4 Reply With Quote