Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 30th, 2015, 01:02 AM
So Onyx Path dropped a little bombshell today stating that Paradox Interactive had obtained White Wolf. Now that CCCP (Hammer & Sickle) games is out of the picture, maybe, just maybe we can get a new licensing agreement for Hero Lab finally?

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zeptonaut

Old October 30th, 2015, 08:58 AM
It would be great to see a mage, geist or demon template! I really hope that Lone Wolf does this soon. From what I could tell on the forums, it was CCP not LW that was the issue.
Zeptonaut is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeptonaut View Post
It would be great to see a mage, geist or demon template! I really hope that Lone Wolf does this soon. From what I could tell on the forums, it was CCP not LW that was the issue.
Onyx Path had said to me they wanted to do more with the licensing, but since CCCP held the IPs they couldn't really do anything with approval from them. Now CCCP is completely out of the picture since Paradox outright purchased the IPs. Onyx Path is still writing new content too. I'm happy to see that we finally have a shot at getting new licenses hammered out. CCCP bought out WW for nothing. They canned the WW MMORPG in favor of working on Eve Online's MMO after it was nearly finished. CCCP's only role in published content was pretty much approving the proof copies before final publication.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 5th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I'd like to see a bit more added here, then I won't feel like I wasted the money I've spent on nWoD
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 6th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
I'd like to see a bit more added here, then I won't feel like I wasted the money I've spent on nWoD
I don't feel like I wasted money on the software, as it helped me to maintain all my npcs and storytelling data in one convenient place, but at the same time the limited scope always bothered me. I want to add on to it but that's hard to do without under the hood access. Though I am getting somewhat proficient with adding tabs and a lot more comfortable working with the xml now.

RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pazuzu

Old July 19th, 2016, 11:26 AM
So with NWoD 2nd edition books coming out, has there been any word from either Lone Wolf or Onyx Path about relicensing HL for use with the NWoD?
pazuzu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
sedmeister

Old September 7th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Hi. After reading this thread I wrote an email to Paradox Interactive.

I informed them that I was an avid player of World of Darkenss over the years and I also told them about Hero Lab.

I asked them if, as new owners they knew of the relationship between the previous owners and if there were any plans to update the licencing agreement so I as a GM/storyteller could use Hero Lab with the latest editions of the various rule sets.

A week later the CEO of Paradox Interactive emailed me. He told me that they did not know of the licensing agreement. He also asked me to put him in contact with the relevant people at Lone Wolf Development because they would like to reach a licencing agreement with Lone Wolf Development and make the latest editions available for Hero Lab.

So, how do I pass on the contents of that email to the relevant people at Lone Wolf Development? How do I pass on the contact details of the CEO so that you guys can get a talking and I can get a playing?

I will also send this message via the support mechanism as I am not sure how often this particular thread is checked.

Thanks in advance.

PS - If you are an official Lone Wolf Development employee, you might want email me at the address associated with this forum account as I do not check this forum as regularly as I do my email.
sedmeister is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
sedmeister

Old September 28th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Hi, I am still waiting a response on this. Could we get a response so we can get an update for WoD please?

Please advise if there is anything we can do in order to progress this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedmeister View Post
Hi. After reading this thread I wrote an email to Paradox Interactive.

I informed them that I was an avid player of World of Darkenss over the years and I also told them about Hero Lab.

I asked them if, as new owners they knew of the relationship between the previous owners and if there were any plans to update the licencing agreement so I as a GM/storyteller could use Hero Lab with the latest editions of the various rule sets.

A week later the CEO of Paradox Interactive emailed me. He told me that they did not know of the licensing agreement. He also asked me to put him in contact with the relevant people at Lone Wolf Development because they would like to reach a licencing agreement with Lone Wolf Development and make the latest editions available for Hero Lab.

So, how do I pass on the contents of that email to the relevant people at Lone Wolf Development? How do I pass on the contact details of the CEO so that you guys can get a talking and I can get a playing?

I will also send this message via the support mechanism as I am not sure how often this particular thread is checked.

Thanks in advance.

PS - If you are an official Lone Wolf Development employee, you might want email me at the address associated with this forum account as I do not check this forum as regularly as I do my email.
sedmeister is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
aberrantLancer

Old October 2nd, 2016, 08:25 AM
sedmeister, did you include the email you received from Paradox into the email you sent to support@wolflair.com? It may help if you do, since they'll know who to contact from it.

Additionally, I would try emailing Colen or sending a private message to Mathias since they're Lone Wolf staff. You may have better luck getting in contact with them.

Last edited by aberrantLancer; October 2nd, 2016 at 08:29 AM.
aberrantLancer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Seeker1728

Old November 18th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Sedmeister;
Kudos to you for doing this, I've been in the same boat, except that I'd love to see a Exalted 3E and later on Trinity & Scion data packs. Any news on if anyone at LW got in touch with PI?
Seeker1728 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote