Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Valyar

Old May 19th, 2018, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
tinyspell is free and works directly in RW
Wow this is quite nice program

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #431 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 19th, 2018, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Wow this is quite nice program
Someone else told me about it when I asked for spellcheck in RW and it has made my life so much easier.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #432 Reply With Quote
Rebuul

Old May 26th, 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
We used to get updates to RW pretty often and some news on new features and stuff that were being put in.

Now we haven't heard much. Calendars, a spell check (yes, I know you can buy another program to do that, but I don't have the cash for that), and several others things haven't materialized, and we have no idea of how the progress is going for other features. The player's version too was supposed to have a lot of features and that wasn't implemented yet.

So right now it seems the program is pretty dead until the CM gets opened.
I have to admit, while I was excited for a lot of tools regarding the players, I have since pretty much relegated RW to a database for my world, adventures and NPCs without planning on using it for or with my players. That said, I would LOVE a calendar option, but for my uses, it is honestly good as is. And frankly, I doubt I will see a fully customizable calendar so I have learned to work around it.
Rebuul is offline   #433 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old June 3rd, 2018, 09:58 PM
At this point, with most Pathfinder APs being available on a competing product, why should I continue to wait for the Content Market?

This question is not rhetorical. RW does nearly everything I want it to do, so it's great for homebrew content, but I don't run much homebrew. My free time for entering stuff myself is growing less and less, so why not use a competing product?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #434 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old June 4th, 2018, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
At this point, with most Pathfinder APs being available on a competing product, why should I continue to wait for the Content Market?

This question is not rhetorical. RW does nearly everything I want it to do, so it's great for homebrew content, but I don't run much homebrew. My free time for entering stuff myself is growing less and less, so why not use a competing product?
If I wasn't so many hours down range with RW, I'd jump ship for good. But jeez I actually believed the rhetoric that CM would launch, and went hog wild with my entries.

Now I'm kinda committed to a sinking ship.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #435 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 4th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post

I have given up RW for the time being. It has some great features, but for a variety of reasons I have posted previously I have shelved it. Will I return to it? I keep checking in on RW progress so it’s not ruled out. However, I will need to seem some significant progress on features and a change in the general attitudes of LWD before I spend any additional money on LWD products.
meek75 is offline   #436 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 4th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Someone else told me about it when I asked for spellcheck in RW and it has made my life so much easier.
That would be me.... your welcome... hehe
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....1&postcount=46
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....0&postcount=47

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #437 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I was at Paizo Con and attended a variety of meetings while there. We did not make any announcements for Realm Works as there were none to make and any seminars we might have held would have been old news. As unfortunate as that was, the good news is the meetings were productive and I was assured our API issue would be fixed this month! I have hope that we can trust in that and with any luck have the Content Market out before Gen Con.

While we did not market Realm Works overly much at the show beyond the normal demos, we did use the opportunity to try out our new video camera and should have some videos up in the near future of the Hero Lab Online Seminar.

Now that many of the new people from the last six months are finally starting to settle in and things are becoming more routine, we hope to be getting back on track with regular updates and moving forward with previous plans. This should also see the return of our Newsletter since we will actually have news to share.

For those of you who have shown incredible patience through all of our reorganization and trials with technical difficulties. Thank you. Hopefully, it will all be worth it.

Dark Lord Galen: Tinyspell is incredibly helpful! Thanks for the tip!
BJ is offline   #438 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:20 PM
As to Tiny Spell, happy to help... as I noted in the earlier thread years ago, I never went into expecting Realm Works to be a spell checker since there are so many variant and uniques "wordages" (if there is such a word) in RPG gaming.
To me it was like expecting Autocad to have spell check....

So while it would be convenient, I would, as then, prefer the focus to be on things that Realms Works should do in fulfilling the roll of unique things other software doesn't do in the niche it is designed for. And /or do things that were (and are) selling points.

**Soap Box Ahead**
For All> In response to BJs post here and in another thread... and don't misconstrue as "LWD Fandom" because I have been called to task on more than one occasion for LWD bashing, as some have known in the past, but a good debate can / should "argue" the points equally from both sides of the forum of the topic.

My Wife & I personally met BJ last year at Gencon and I had a 20 min or so conversation with her then... Since she meets so many people, I don't expect her to recall, but this was my impression from the conversation then.

I found her intelligent, communicative, and empathetic on the past struggles the end product users of RW and those in the forum community had endured. She conveyed, even then, to not realizing how impassioned the community was about topics (calender plug for us Calendar Heralds) but she had admittedly had just barely gotten her feet wet in the pool (quagmire) we all have been interred in.

We discussed the lack of good communication from RW, repeated missed deliverables, and the general feeling that the community felt they were not being heard by LWD now that they had our money.

I also conved I genuinely felt sorry for Joe during one of the RW presentation seminars when RW locked up on him.. Now that's embarrassing when your trying display how good your tool is to potential customers and it malfunctions even on the dev.... Or during Q&As when people ask about the features listed from the kickstarter only to find out that the software is " still being developed" but isn't a BETA test....years after the KS....

I know she has looked into this and several other of the details we discussed, but has probably found what we already knew... that LWD is a small company ... struggling to make good on the promises they made.

I even sat in on a "Women in the industry" seminar just to understand BJ's perspective alittle better and her approach to her work...

So, gee that's nice DLG, but is there a point to this??

Actually yes, The one thing I did come away with from my talk with BJ is, she will convey what she is sure of, what she knows to be a fact.... So the Silence is a byproduct of that methodology, unfortunately...

BUT and not to speak for her nor anyone at LWD I think she (they know that). Fortunately in BJs case the delivery is different than Robs.

>BJs> Sorry nothing new to tell guys, wish there was...
>Robs> No matter what I tell you you are not satisfied and I have to take time away from programing and doing xxxxyyyzzzz to tell you that, so why open myself up to that....
Now I AM NOT writing this to create a THREAD FLAME war, but to convey my OWN perspective... that communicating "no new news" is still communication.. just not the kind we would hope to get... and I'm ok with at least the acknowledgement that I exist and am being informed.
Thank You BJ
*OFF Soapbox*

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #439 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Now I AM NOT writing this to create a THREAD FLAME war, but to convey my OWN perspective... that communicating "no new news" is still communication.. just not the kind we would hope to get... and I'm ok with at least the acknowledgement that I exist and am being informed.
Thank You BJ
Came here to say pretty much this. This very thread has many posts begging for LW to give updates even if the update said nothing. Well seems like BJ is trying to do exactly what was requested.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #440 Reply With Quote