Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bishop618

Old October 19th, 2017, 02:18 PM
If I am trying to export content that was imported into RW using this tool, would that cause a problem? Would different mechanic structures be a factor? Also the report keeps saying, "Domain has no tags defined" before RW crashes.

Thanks in advance
bishop618 is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 19th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Hi Bishop & others,

I have just produced version 1.9 which will help with large amounts of text.

Multi-line quoted cells are now supported in the CSV file. (This has required quite a re-write, so I wouldn't mind knowing if I've broken the import for anybody's existing, previously working, CSV files.)

Also, when you one of these fields then a blank line is created as a paragraph break when the data is being put into a Realm Works field which is either a Multi_Line or Label_Text field (the two fields which allow more than one line of text). The default paragraph style is used, so there might not be any visible spacing between paragraphs.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; October 19th, 2017 at 02:44 PM.
Farling is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 19th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
So, new feature requests appear to be:

1 - handle single quote properly

2 - detect paragraphs when importing large amounts of text.

3 - detect URLs when importing text.

4 - provide some mechanism to import images.
So it looks like (1) is already working properly.

Version 1.9 adds in request (2).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 19th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop618 View Post
If I am trying to export content that was imported into RW using this tool, would that cause a problem? Would different mechanic structures be a factor? Also the report keeps saying, "Domain has no tags defined" before RW crashes.

Thanks in advance
I'm sure about exporting the data again.

Is the "Domain has no tags defined" error being reported during the export process or the import process?

If it is during the export process then either a domain has no tags in it, or there is something else happening which will require you to raise a support ticket with LWD for them to have a look at your realm.

Farling

Farling is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
bishop618

Old October 19th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Quote:
I'm sure about exporting the data again.

Is the "Domain has no tags defined" error being reported during the export process or the import process?

If it is during the export process then either a domain has no tags in it, or there is something else happening which will require you to raise a support ticket with LWD for them to have a look at your realm.
It is during the import process. It goes to at most 10% before stopping with the "Domain has no tags defined" message.

I have sent a support ticket as well.
bishop618 is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
DickNervous

Old October 20th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I re-did the import with the new version and the paragraph fix worked beautifully.

Thanks!!!
DickNervous is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 21st, 2017, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickNervous View Post
I re-did the import with the new version and the paragraph fix worked beautifully.

Thanks!!!
That's good to hear :-)

The next task is how to get images into the RW import file.

Would images be inlined inside the CSV file, or would the filename be present as a field in the CSV file?

Farling

Farling is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
DickNervous

Old October 21st, 2017, 07:26 AM
Quote:
That's good to hear :-)

The next task is how to get images into the RW import file.

Would images be inlined inside the CSV file, or would the filename be present as a field in the CSV file?
The path and filename would be a field in the CSV. I don't think there is a way to include an actual image in a CSV file. At least not in a format that would be easy to use.
It would either be a URL that returns and image, or a local file path. I assume it would be much easier to use a full path (C:\username\documents\......) than a relative one, unless you specify where to put the image files.
DickNervous is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 21st, 2017, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickNervous View Post
The path and filename would be a field in the CSV. I don't think there is a way to include an actual image in a CSV file. At least not in a format that would be easy to use.
It would either be a URL that returns and image, or a local file path. I assume it would be much easier to use a full path (C:\username\documents\......) than a relative one, unless you specify where to put the image files.
I was thinking that for external images, the default location for the files would the same directory as the CSV file.

Farling

Farling is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 21st, 2017, 10:22 AM
I've just loaded v1.10 which provides the abillity to add images to the RW import file.

The CSV column contains the name of a file to be loaded into the relevant Picture or Smart Image snippet.

The file can either use either the full path, a relative path, or no path. If no path is given then the image must be in the same folder as the CSV file.

If the file does not exist, then a warning is given during the GENERATE process. The generated file can still be imported into Realm Works, in which case the picture snippet will have the name of the file even though the image itself will be undefined.

All image file formats supported by Realm Works should work (I've tested JPG and PNG).

(I've also upgraded the framework from Qt 5.8 to Qt 5.9.2 - please let me know if this means that the tool no longer works for you!)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; October 21st, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
Farling is offline   #140 Reply With Quote