Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old November 10th, 2021, 02:10 AM
Version 1.11.1 is available

This adds some additional CSS so that the GM-only formatting (veracity, GM-directions) are visible when Monk's Enhanced Journal is used.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 11th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Version 1.12 is out

Remove occurrences of secret sections having double the darkness applied to its background.
Fix an issue where section headings were set/not set with 'secret' which did not match that state of its contents.
Put GM Directions & Contents above GM Directions in the text editor menu, and remove Block: from those entry names.
Further reduce the amount of HTML generated for each journal entry (faster world loading!)
Ensure new text block names are less likely to conflict with other modules (internal to the code).
Add a new configuration Use 'secret' in Unrevealed Topics, which when ticked will do the normal topic generation, but if unticked then topics which are NOT revealed in RW will NOT have any secret sections in their corresponding Journal Entries. This is so that the journal entry doesn't end up with large portions of it using the secret (darker) background.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 12th, 2021, 02:33 AM
Version 1.13 is available

The RW-specific styles are now immediately displayed in the text editor (TinyMCE).
You no longer have to save the changes before seeing the results.

Farling

Farling is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old November 13th, 2021, 01:36 AM
I'm getting a graphical glitch. Images attached.

It's secret GM Directions followed by player readable text, all in a content box. For some reason the player view has a beige vertical line where the bottom of the GM directions segment would be.
Attached Images
File Type: png ImageGM.png (66.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png ImagePlayer.png (49.8 KB, 3 views)
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 14th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I'm getting a graphical glitch. Images attached.

It's secret GM Directions followed by player readable text, all in a content box. For some reason the player view has a beige vertical line where the bottom of the GM directions segment would be.
It looks like the box around the GM Directions is being drawn without the actual text inside it. This seems unlikely unless something is awry with the HTML that is stored for the journal entry.

As GM, is it possible for you to open the editor and view the HTML of the page (using the "<>" button in the editor) and find the part of the entry which contains the GM and non-GM text inside the corresponding sections. It should look a little like:

Quote:
<section class="RWgmDirAndContents">
<section class="RWgmDirections secret">
<p>GM directions secret about:</p>
</section>
<p>Player readable content</p>
</section>
It would help me understand where something is appearing out of order.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 14th, 2021 at 01:42 PM.
Farling is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old November 14th, 2021, 11:04 PM
<section class="RWgmDirAndContents">
<section class="RWgmDirections">
<section class="secret">
<p>'GM Directions Secret about:</p>
</section>
</section>
<p>Player readeable content</p>
</section>

Is that the part you need? There's a lot of information in that editor, and I'm not sure which other parts to copy.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 14th, 2021, 11:16 PM
Yes, that is the section. I can see the problem - the "secret" section is inside the "RWgmDirections", rather than them being the same section (like in my example).

Did this occur after using the new "GM Directions" styles within the editor, or have you edited the topic since it was imported, rather than this being directly generated by the RW import process?

Ok, I can see that I can reproduce something similar by manually creating these entries.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 14th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.
Farling is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 15th, 2021, 01:08 AM
Version 1.14 is available

This provides a new style called "GM Directions (secret)" which will set the style properly with the correct presentation and marking it as "secret" at the same time.

The Player and GM styles have also been separated out in the editor to help users understand which styles will/will not be visible to players.

Farling

Farling is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old November 15th, 2021, 03:05 AM
That works. Is there any way to make the secret GM directions look different than the player-viewable GM directions on the GM's end?
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 15th, 2021, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
That works. Is there any way to make the secret GM directions look different than the player-viewable GM directions on the GM's end?
From a RW point-of-view, players shouldn't ever see GM directions - that is why I've added into the README that the "GM Directions (secret)" should always be used. The style without "(secret)" is only made available in case you remove manually remove the Foundry secret from the GM directions.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way within Foundry for me to enforce the secret flag always remaining on the GM Directions style.

I will see if there is a way to indicate to a GM that he hasn't got secret selected for the GM directions.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; November 15th, 2021 at 12:26 PM.
Farling is offline   #150 Reply With Quote