Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old November 26th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEvaX View Post
If anything copying the data would be a good way to study the Adventure and the world a bit more.
Don't underestimate this aspect of entering the data yourself. You get really familiar with the material, partly because you're having to make decisions about where to put each snippet of data which means you really think about each snippet.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old November 27th, 2017, 01:34 AM
I've lost all faith in the CM ever being released and I'm trotting along entering my own data, making the PHB available in RW for my self, and some adventures I'm going to run.
The deafening silence from Lone Wolf says to me (and those I discuss this with, we are all software developers) they are either hunkered down working, have given up completely or are just staring blankly into the screen wondering where their lives went (working on legal stuff). Either way, since they won't even give us a sign of being alive or working on the CM, I will use RW as it is; a great tool to enter and organize loads of data for my game.

(And yes, I will be pissed when the 5E core books are released just after I've completed the data entry on my own :P )
craghammer is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 27th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
(And yes, I will be pissed when the 5E core books are released just after I've completed the data entry on my own :P )
Except that you'll have everything organized the way you want it organized, and you'll have the flexibility of being able to export and import that info into your other realms.
EightBitz is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 27th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Wasn't the last update from LW was that there was a technical issue with being able to validate purchases at Paizo and that the interaction between LW and Paizo wasn't working yet?

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old November 27th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I don't have links for this, but I feel like I remember 2 things. I could be 100% off base with it though.

1. They had someone who was supposed to be inputting data, but was not. They had to fire that person?

2. The connection between them and Paizo (or possibly another company) was not working. Since we are required to own the PDF of something on Paizo, I believe that is what was not working. The API (or whatever tech they are using) to verify ownership, must be faulty. And we know Paizo is busy with their own things.

I know whenever LW gives an update of any kind it brings a bit of drama with it. I guess I was just looking for a vague "just to be safe, input yourself" or "I feel pretty confident that wont need to input all the data yourself".. I figured it was asking a lot. They are being safer with their estimates then they have in the past, for valid reasons.

Inputting my own data can only help me prepare, but where to start!
NeoEvaX is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old November 27th, 2017, 09:28 AM
I had to make this same decision around this time last year as, if memory serves, there was a pending launch back then as well. Thankfully, I made the decision to enter the data myself and I do feel it was for the best... entering the data before each session helps me better prepare, everything is organized exactly like I want it and lastly, I'm saving myself a lot of money because I know that if the content market were available, I would have taken the easy way out and emptied my wallet!
Dhrakken is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 27th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
Wasn't the last update from LW was that there was a technical issue with being able to validate purchases at Paizo and that the interaction between LW and Paizo wasn't working yet?
This was the last official statement we got. back in early October.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old November 27th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Funded! -- 4 years, 9 months, 4 days ago

"It’s official! The ink is dry on the license, and the entire portfolio of Pathfinder RPG products will soon begin arriving through Realm Works!" -- 1 year, 11 months, 26 days ago
MaxSupernova is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old November 27th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Well this is getting absurd. So many promises, so many FAILED promises, timelines and always the same communication: NONE.

As for this last topic regarding that the issue is on PAIZO side why it is not there yet: I was wondering on the post why this is working for another company (for Fantasy Grounds) but not for LWD. So at least for me it does sound like playing the blame game to cover their own faults.

Especially when considering this statement from the exact same newsletter where they are talking about the "technical issues with the communications between our site and Paizo’s site":

In the meantime, we plan to begin delivering some of the Kickstarter content shortly.

If this is available and I somehow missed the News about that or any announcement than I'm sorry but I highly doubt there is anything.

Last edited by Tharmiones; November 27th, 2017 at 11:51 PM.
Tharmiones is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old November 27th, 2017, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
I've lost all faith in the CM ever being released and I'm trotting along entering my own data, making the PHB available in RW for my self, and some adventures I'm going to run.
Amen to that.

I have just finished putting in my first AP - Jade Regent, and there is going to be a whole different way of doing it once I start on Rise of the Runelords.

I'll be doing a lot more planning before I start putting the next adventure in, I wont be just blindly putting in stuff, and by putting it in myself has really made my prep time better... I really only spend an hour or so prepping for a session now, when I was spending days.

If it happens to come along, great, if not, oh well, I can continue to tinker and learn and make changes for each subsequent task I do.
Happydevil43 is offline   #140 Reply With Quote