Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

johnstonian

Old March 9th, 2018, 07:58 AM
I picked up the Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #23 for the Legacy of Dragons source. My druid now has access to Form of the Exotic Dragon spell options.

How do I add these exotic dragons to my portfolio? I tried adding them from the Encounter Library like I do with the other druid summoned creatures, but can't find them anywhere. Just toggling the Form of Exotic Dragon I or II spell doesn't do anything in my stat block.

Please help!
johnstonian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old March 9th, 2018, 08:32 AM
You do need to go into the modifier and specify the race of the exotic dragon you want to take the shape of.
LazarX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
johnstonian

Old March 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
You do need to go into the modifier and specify the race of the exotic dragon you want to take the shape of.
Thank you LazarX for the quick reply. I'm still confused on where to set the race. Do I go into the "modifier" by choosing the Adjust tab?

I went to the Adjust tab for my character, then tried to add Form the Exotic Dragon II option. But when choosing "New Form" I get an error that says "Nothing to choose from!". I must be missing another piece of the puzzle.

I've attached a screenshot.

Any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg choose_race.jpg (292.3 KB, 3 views)
johnstonian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
johnstonian

Old March 9th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Thank you LazarX for the quick reply. I'm still confused on where to set the race. Do I go into the "modifier" by choosing the Adjust tab?

I went to the Adjust tab for my character, then tried to add Form the Exotic Dragon II option. But when choosing "New Form" I get an error that says "Nothing to choose from!". I must be missing another piece of the puzzle.

I've attached a screenshot.

Any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg choose_race.jpg (292.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by johnstonian; March 9th, 2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: forgot to attach file
johnstonian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Which bestiary has the stats for the dragon you want to polymorph into? You've double-checked that the appropriate bestiary is currently turned on for the character you're working with?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
johnstonian

Old March 9th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your reply, Mathias.

The dragons from the Legacy of Dragons (more specifically the Form of the Exotic Dragon II spell) allows for the following dragon types:
  • Brine
  • Cloud
  • Crystal
  • Forest
  • Magma
  • Sea
  • Sovereign
  • Umbral
  • Underworld

For example: it looks like the Brine dragon type is part the Bestiary 2 supplement.

However, I can't select "Bestiary 2" under Configure Hero settings. Guessing that's because I don't have that data package?

The Player Companion #23 package doesn't say anything about Bestiary 2 as a pre-requisite

Is this why I can't add a race, because I don't have Bestiary 2?
johnstonian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Think about how this would work at the table if you were doing it by hand - you have the spell, and that tells you how to look up the stats of the race you are polymorphing into, and figure out what the polymorph stats will be based on the race you choose, but if you didn't have a copy of Bestiary 2 (or some other source for the stats of that dragon race) at the table, you would not be able to finish applying all the changes from that polymorph spell. So Hero Lab works the same way - polymorph effects in Hero Lab look up the race that you're turning into and derive the changes to make from the information on that race.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
johnstonian

Old March 11th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Thank you, Mathias. This does make sense. I'm newish to Hero Lab/Pathfinder and this info is very helpful! Purchasing Bestiary 2 did the trick!
johnstonian is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 12th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Just do what I do, buy everything lol!
ErinRigh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote