Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old April 25th, 2020, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
In that realm I am recreating, or entering, second edition DND game mechanics. In doing so, I have duplicated each category so I can modify it for my needs while inactivating the original categories.

With that said, when I try to follow the steps for your tool and import the final product your tool produces from my spreadsheets (in this case, a weapons list), it creates duplicate categories in realmworks (manage>categories etc). For example, Instead of just one category called "Mundane weapons," I have now have Mundane weapons and "Mundane weapons 01"

This is across the board for all my previously duplicated categories. Is there anyway to stop that?
Hi Cirrob,

Sorry that I completely missed your post in this thread!

The structure file that you provide is what the tool provides in the resulting output file. It might be that although you have hidden the category inside RealmWorks, it might not be marked as hidden in the structure file that is generated by realm works, and so my tool won't know that you aren't interested in these hidden categories.

If you haven't hidden the original category names, then what names are you using for your new categories?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #541 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 29th, 2020, 02:38 AM
@Cirrob I don't think you made a bad choice. Though, LWD is silent at the moment I hope that the situation will improve and they will review resuming the project again in the future.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #542 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 30th, 2020, 08:07 AM
@Farling:
Hi there! I'm trying to load an XLSX file for import. Loading the structure works, but when loading the data the tool states "unknown file extension" and the path to the file and does not load the file. I use excel version 2010.

Saving as CSV in excel and the loading seems to work.

@Cirrob:
It's possible that I'm stuck already with build 254 which might not be ideal, if you are going to import multiple times into a realm. I suggest you'll stick with build 253 for the time being. There is another thread discussing import issues (import fails once after your first import). I wanted to test if the import of farlings tool still works, even if the Realm Works import fails.

EDIT: Import from Farlings tool worked. I will retry later on with the category that failed when using the main realm.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; April 30th, 2020 at 10:12 AM.
Acenoid is offline   #543 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 30th, 2020, 10:17 AM
Release 2.12 is available

This release adds the ability to create "derived" columns, where the value of the column is based on a javascript expression, which can examine the value in other columns for each row.

In the javascript expression, you can access the value of a column called "columnname" using the following:
row.column('columnname')

The new "derived" columns are managed in a new window which can be accessed by pressing the "Custom Columns" button. Simply enter the name of the new column in the top box, and add the javascript expression in the large main box, and press Apply (or OK). Your new custom columns are saved as part of the project (old projects will load correctly, with no custom columns).

The "derived" column appears in the data table as soon as you press apply or OK; so you can see the text that will be used when your import file is generated. (If the javascript is badly formed, then the error will appear as part of the generated text.)

This release also fixes a bug that prevented excel spreadsheets from being loaded.

(Internally, the software has been updated from Qt 5.12.0 to 5.12.8.)

(I need the derived column functionality because some 5E json data has spell casting split into separate fields, and I want them in a single field.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; May 1st, 2020 at 05:36 AM.
Farling is offline   #544 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 4th, 2020, 02:00 AM
Version 2.13 is available

This version adds save and load buttons for your "derived" columns.

This gives you a simple way to copy the derived columns from one project into another project.

Note that loading a saved set of derived columns will replace all the derived columns that are currently in the open project.

Farling

Farling is offline   #545 Reply With Quote
shoaibdl

Old May 11th, 2020, 01:44 AM
Thanks mate
shoaibdl is offline   #546 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 29th, 2020, 10:17 PM
@Farling

I tried using this tool today and I encountered an error when I tried to import it into Realm Works:
Quote:
The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The 'format_version' attribute is invalid - The value '4' is invalid according to its datatype 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export:version_type' - The MaxInclusive constraint failed.
I've only used the program once before and it worked flawlessly but that was more than a year ago. I have the latest version (I downloaded and installed after getting the error the first time.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I looked back a page and found that you added a new feature to force version 3. I wasn't sure if this would work (because I could not find the same error I reported above) so I tried it anyway and it worked.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).

Last edited by Madmaxneo; May 29th, 2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Got it working
Madmaxneo is offline   #547 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 30th, 2020, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Any suggestions?

EDIT: I looked back a page and found that you added a new feature to force version 3. I wasn't sure if this would work (because I could not find the same error I reported above) so I tried it anyway and it worked.
Yes, that is the error which would be produced.

Version 254 of Realm Works has an issue that is generates an export file in version 4, but it only imports a file marked with version 3.

They fixed this problem with version 255, but only released it as a beta test version.

Farling

Farling is offline   #548 Reply With Quote
apoca6

Old May 31st, 2020, 10:46 PM
Apologies if it has already been asked and i am just missing it but when i try to load in a .json to work with, the app just closes. has anyone else had this? is there a fix?
apoca6 is offline   #549 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 31st, 2020, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoca6 View Post
Apologies if it has already been asked and i am just missing it but when i try to load in a .json to work with, the app just closes. has anyone else had this? is there a fix?
Hi apoca6, would it be possible for you to PM me the json file so that I can investigate?

Farling

Farling is offline   #550 Reply With Quote