Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
3. Is it possible to overwrite data when a character or NPC increases in level? Meaning can I just import the same character over and over again or would I need to delete the RW snippets/character entry every time someone goes up a level?
No this will not work as the tool does not save unique UUID's for future use. It creates a new one for each snippet during the import process.
Hi folks,

Thanks daplunk for providing all those answers.

I would like to clarify on point 3 that the tool isn't able to create unique UUIDs since they are create internally by RW on first import, and unique UUIDs are required in order to overwrite existing topics.

(For people who don't know UUIDs are simply a long string of characters in a particular syntax which provides a unique identifier for each topic, snippet, tag, etc. inside and between realms.)

There is the "potential" for the tool to read in a full realm instead of only a structure-only file, but I suspect that there will be some difficulty in guaranteeing to match up a row in the CSV/XSLX with the correct topic in the realm's export file. (There would also be other issues associated with having to do a full realm import just to pick up the new information.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #521 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 13th, 2019, 12:44 PM
V2.6.1 is out

This simply fixes a bug where, if a cell isn't HTML, then any occurrences of < or > or & are encoded properly in the RWexport file.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #522 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 30th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Version 2.7 is available

User can now choose which sheet inside an Excel document to be used as the data source. Note that only one sheet from an Excel document can be used in each project (as requested by Janrith in http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=487).

Provide warning about unsaved work when attempting to load a new project, load a new data file, load a new structure file, or choosing a different worksheet in the current excel data set (as reported by Janrith in http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=517).

Ensure that the data mappings are shown when loading a project. (This was just a display bug, the mappings were known behind the scenes.)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; June 30th, 2019 at 07:37 AM.
Farling is offline   #523 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old November 3rd, 2019, 05:53 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I have just finished cleaning up a csv file for import for my ToA game (creatures only), and I am getting a validation error during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The 'format_version' attribute is invalid - The value '4' is invalid according to its datatype 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export:version_type' - The MaxInclusive constraint failed.

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find anything pertaining to this. Also, it seems to completely block the import process. I am using v2.7 of the import tool, in case it is related to the tool.

Did any of you ever encounter this? Any fix or workaround?
jflevesque is offline   #524 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 3rd, 2019, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflevesque View Post
Hey guys and gals,

I have just finished cleaning up a csv file for import for my ToA game (creatures only), and I am getting a validation error during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The 'format_version' attribute is invalid - The value '4' is invalid according to its datatype 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export:version_type' - The MaxInclusive constraint failed.

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find anything pertaining to this. Also, it seems to completely block the import process. I am using v2.7 of the import tool, in case it is related to the tool.

Did any of you ever encounter this? Any fix or workaround?
I noticed with the latest version of RW that was released that the version number of the file got increased.

I haven't yet done an analysis to see what might have changed in the format of the structure/data parts of the file.

I will get a look over the coming week and see if I can ensure that imports will start working again.

Farling

Farling is offline   #525 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old November 4th, 2019, 01:53 AM
I noticed this too. I went in to my structure file and changed the XML type to 3 and that fixed the problem going forward. If you already have a conversion done, you can go into that file and make the same change and yte import will work just fine.
The_Traveller is offline   #526 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old November 4th, 2019, 04:09 AM
Hi The_Traveller, I just tried your suggestion and that worked! My guess is that LoneWolf forgot to update the validation code in the import function to take into account the new structure version. I haven't tried yet, but my guess is that full realm exports don't work anymore
jflevesque is offline   #527 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 4th, 2019, 09:53 AM
What did they change in the structure exactly that would not make it work anymore?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #528 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 4th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
What did they change in the structure exactly that would not make it work anymore?
It looks like there is a new attribute which is mandatory somewhere.

Farling

Farling is offline   #529 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 4th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflevesque View Post
Hi The_Traveller, I just tried your suggestion and that worked! My guess is that LoneWolf forgot to update the validation code in the import function to take into account the new structure version. I haven't tried yet, but my guess is that full realm exports don't work anymore
No, it is more likely that the Import tool is missing some new data which is required for version 4 of their XML format.

Farling

Farling is offline   #530 Reply With Quote