Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Triceranuke

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Also interested to know if this is being worked on.

I have a new player playing a Druid and this would be super helpful for them.
Triceranuke is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 27th, 2020, 09:06 PM
This boils down to a rather ill-advised lumping of all polymorph-related abilities and adjustments into a single bucket for prioritization combined with the task focusing on a couple high-level spells (e.g. the Cleric's Avatar) as the poster children for why it would take a whole bunch of time and be used by only a small number of players. Unsurprisingly, the net result was other tasks continually getting prioritized as more important.

After getting to the bottom of this today, we have now split things apart into three separate pools of work. One for the druid stuff at high priority. One for that obnoxious Cleric spell at low priority. And another for all the other stuff at moderate priority. So the druid stuff can now be implemented independent of the other work, and it has been made a high priority. Barring major surprises, the druid support should be addressed in pretty short order.

If it wasn't for this thread being necro'd, I'd have remained oblivious to the problem for another big chunk of time. So thank you for doing so.

Thread necromancy for the win!!!
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 28th, 2020, 07:16 PM

I'm GM for Extinction Curse and one of my players decided to go Druid and specifically wanted to try out Wild Shape. He is probably my least technically savvy player and tends to get frustrated easily so I was trying to help him make HLO do what he needed it to do only to find that I couldn't. So searched the forums first before posting the problem and found an existing thread... Thus I cast a Raise Dead on the thread and here we are.

Thank you guys for your responsiveness to this topic and I look forward to updates when some features are available.
Valdacil is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old April 29th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
If it wasn't for this thread being necro'd, I'd have remained oblivious to the problem for another big chunk of time. So thank you for doing so.

Thread necromancy for the win!!!
the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
dacoobob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Not really. This is getting grease because it's a pretty core aspect of the Druid class. If the question centered on the various polymorph abilities stemming from Wizard spells, the split would have still occurred from that ridiculous Cleric spell, but it would have been prioritized lower than other things we're focused on first (i.e. at the "moderate" rating I indicated above).

Reporting something doesn't necessarily get it bumped to a higher priority. But it DOES ensure that the priority is re-checked and the task is properly defined/partitioned. In this particular case, we had lumped different priority pieces together in an inappropriate manner, so we split them up to tackle them at different priorities.
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote