Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Zedwimer

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:04 AM
So... I'm running a Zeitgeist campaign. I've created a bunch of custom stuff for my players: races, themes, feats, equipment, etc. However, one thing I've run into I haven't found an easy solution for: stipend.

For those not familiar with Zeitgeist, the characters are members of the Royal Homeland Constabulary. Instead of looting dungeons, they receive an ever-increasing stipend which they can use to obtain equipment and magic items from the Constabulary. Anything obtained with this stipend can be returned for full GP value to obtain other items. The idea is that the RHC allows the PCs to equip themselves for each mission as befits that mission.

It's important to note that the stipend must be kept separate from the PC's personal wealth because the stipend is essentially an allowance given to them by the RHC; anything 'bought' with it is not actually their property.

So far the only way we've been able to handle the stipend is to just give it to the PCs as gold. But it requires a lot of extra work tracking what was bought with stipend vs. personal money, since stuff bought with stipend is still technically RHC property and can be traded in for 100% value.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this might be more easily handled in Hero Lab? Has anyone come up with any mechanisms for alternate currencies or the like? For example, could I add it as a custom coin type?

Last edited by Zedwimer; August 7th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Zedwimer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old August 8th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Set up a gold piece Item that you can purchase with the Stipend monies that the PC earns. Spend the item pieces for anything purchased with those and make note of the purchase in the Journal notes.

That's the best I've got.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #2 Reply With Quote