Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Naleax

Old September 13th, 2017, 01:50 PM
When moving my mouse over a content link I've noticed the Screen Tips in Realm Works disappear after 7 or 8 seconds instead of staying visible. Is there any way to set them so they do not disappear? I'm pretty sure this is application specific.

Is there a way to edit the screen tip for a content link? By default they just say"Follow Link" I know you can edit the screen tip for a hyperlink.

Naleax
Naleax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 13th, 2017, 04:42 PM
In most places the tool tips will just be "follow link" that isn't something we can change and the duration the tip remains visible isn't configurable inside RW.

The places where you can create your own tool tips is map pins, and the storyboard.

For map pins the name of the pin is the tool tip. Further the description text will appear as additional text in the tool tip.

In the storyboard similar behavior occurs with plot points.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old September 13th, 2017, 11:59 PM
I would love to extend the time the tool tips appear! Especially for map pins! Some of them have more text in them, than I can read before it vanishes.

And yes, I know I could make a topic out of it. But I feel that is a bit of overkill for just a few lines of text describing e.g. how very dank this staircase is.
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 14th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Jup it's annoying, but I think I'll stop posting suggestions until they have implemented some in further updates. There is enough in the queue now

Btw, there is a subforum which is for feature requests, so in case it gets moved there: +1 :P

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 14th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I've been holding off till the CM goes live. I have whole file of suggestions that I intend to post once they get the CM up. Maybe we'll hear then whether they intend to do another survey or not as well.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Naleax

Old September 14th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I would like to see the time they appear remain indefinite. If i don't want to see the screen tip i'll just move my mouse.

I use Hero Lab and the the screen tips remain visible in that application. Not sure why they were set to disappear after a few seconds in Realm Works.

I've been using D&D Beyond and one of the reasons i thought it would be valuable to have screen tips for content links is for brief data like spells and conditions. When you hover over the content a brief description pops up giving you the relevant information. It's really handy to get the info that way rather than opening another tab to view the information.

I'll create a topic in the feature requests thread.

Naleax
Naleax is offline   #6 Reply With Quote