Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cynarion

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
All right, I must be going crazy here. I'm trying to put together a portfolio of characters and monsters for Burnt Offerings from the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. I'm starting on the sinspawn now but I'm getting an error; the sinspawn apparently can't take Multiattack as a feat because it doesn't have three natural weapons.

The version in the RAW does have three natural attacks, and it seems that the version in the Pathfinder data for Hero Lab is indeed missing a claw attack.

No big deal, I figure I'll go use the editor to update the race and give it the extra attack it needs.

When I open the editor, however, I can't find any .dat files in the C:\herolab\data\pathfinder director. I can find "pth_rise_of_the_runelords.dat" in the C:\herolab\data\d20\source directory, and I can edit that file--but even when I save my changes, they don't appear when I load the Pathfinder system. I have tried changing the number of claw attacks, I've tried adding an extra claw attack, I've tried creating a whole new race...nothing is appearing in Hero Lab to reflect the changes I've made to the .dat file.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where I'm going wrong...and where I can find the actual Pathfinder files?

--Mike
cynarion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM
As far as I know you cannot modify the existing official data files for Pathfinder. In order to modify the sinspawn I believe you would need to use the editor to make a copy of the sinspawn and save it into a new .user or .dat file. Save the file to the Hero Lab\Data\pathfinder folder. Then you could use your custom version after that.
ValaraukarU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
cynarion

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:39 PM
OK, thanks. Appreciate the help!
cynarion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote