Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

chiefweasel

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Is switchblade considered to be a differenent weapn? Like Composite Longow is really a Longbow for game purposes.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #11
Virtue

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Power attack doesnt add to rend and right now it does

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ttack&page=1#9
Virtue is offline   #12
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Power attack doesnt add to rend and right now it does

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ttack&page=1#9
Hate to do this but as was found recently Rules from James Jacobs can't really be trusted. In his own words he flip-flops answers based on the day you ask him.

HERE is the link to full quote and here is the important part "(And warning: If you're looking to placate your inner rules lawyer, I'm probably going to end up frustrating you more than helping you, by the way, since I often flip-flop on my rulings as new ideas for how new rulings can enhance the game's story occur to me.)"

He also just showed this with the Half-dragon template. HL changed the template based on his ruling that said no HD creatures get at least 1d6. I just posted to THIS thread here showing where he now said this week a no HD creature would get NO breath weapon.

I know if you can't trust a paizo person who can you trust....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13
WarDawg

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Just discovered that by adding a batch of magical +2 arrows (+1 arrows bane) at a quantity of 50, and the gold piece value after added to the character gear was 400,000+gp, effectively counting each arrow as a +2 weapon. I then sold off 44 of them, to bring the total down to 6 and the gear value dropped to 50,000+gp. GP value of the arrows should have been only 8302gp for the batch, or 166gp each.

Or something to that effect. Not sure if this should be under the general Hero Lab section or here in the Pathfinder section, but there it is. Nor am I sure this hasn't been discovered or mentioned previously, as I am too lazy to search.

Cheers.
WarDawg is offline   #14
Leonal

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
edit, nwm. I see the error now.

Last edited by Leonal; May 3rd, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Leonal is offline   #15
Daeorian

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'm leveling a wizard and HeroLab tells me that I have warnings on the wizard's familiar. So, I switch over to make the wizard's familiar the 'active' hero (see 1st attachment) and see that under Skills that I need to allocate a skill point. (See 2nd attachment.) I increment the Skill point count under Acrobatics from 1 expecting it to change to 2, but the count remains at 1 even though the blue text that had read "2 of 3 (1 left)" is now white and says "3 of 3". (See last attachment.)

So, what the fork?
Attached Images
File Type: png HL-PR0003.png (38.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png HL-PR0004.png (245.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png HL-PR0005.png (241.1 KB, 13 views)
Daeorian is offline   #16
Leonal

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Daeorian, I'm guessing your wizard has one rank in acrobatics?
The familiar will use whichever is higher between your wizard's and the familiar's ranks, so if you both have 1 rank you won't see a difference except that the number won't be colored if the familiar also has the same or more ranks.

Quote:
Skills: For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master's skill ranks, whichever is better.
Leonal is offline   #17
Arigas

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Not sure if its a bug, but when adding a Masterwork Composite Longbow with a rating of +1 (300g MW, 200g Bow) it increases the gear value by 600g.
Arigas is offline   #18
hooly

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Your race would not happen to be small would it? As what HL shows all over is NOT the BAB but the "Attack Bonus" which includes things like size. I know its a bit confusing at first.
OK, thanks.
hooly is offline   #19
Virtue

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Hate to do this but as was found recently Rules from James Jacobs can't really be trusted. In his own words he flip-flops answers based on the day you ask him.

HERE is the link to full quote and here is the important part "(And warning: If you're looking to placate your inner rules lawyer, I'm probably going to end up frustrating you more than helping you, by the way, since I often flip-flop on my rulings as new ideas for how new rulings can enhance the game's story occur to me.)"

He also just showed this with the Half-dragon template. HL changed the template based on his ruling that said no HD creatures get at least 1d6. I just posted to THIS thread here showing where he now said this week a no HD creature would get NO breath weapon.

I know if you can't trust a paizo person who can you trust....
I just noticed it on the PFSRD20
Virtue is offline   #20
Closed Thread