Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Minneyar

Old June 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkyGunner View Post
The Improved Natural Armour evolution for an eidolon is listed as requiring summoner level 5, and RAW that seems to be the case (although it is a bit ambiguous)
RAW is a bit ambiguous here, but RAI is that it should be available at levels 1, 5, 10, etc. James Jacobs (Paizo's Creative Director) says so here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ce=search#8792
Minneyar is offline   #91
JerkyGunner

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
RAW is a bit ambiguous here, but RAI is that it should be available at levels 1, 5, 10, etc. James Jacobs (Paizo's Creative Director) says so here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ce=search#8792
Precisely, the evolution should be made available at level 1 and then again at levels that are a multiple of 5.
JerkyGunner is offline   #92
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Precisely, the evolution should be made available at level 1 and then again at levels that are a multiple of 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
Quote:
Excellent.

The Improved Natural Armour evolution for an eidolon is listed as requiring summoner level 5, and RAW that seems to be the case (although it is a bit ambiguous); however, considering the Aquatic Form has that as one of its starting evolutions I think that restriction should be removed.
I'm sorry, but James Jacobs has said not to use him as a rules authority:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...&page=168#8396

And he has reversed himself on an answer I implemented in Hero Lab before hearing about the reversal:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...agons&page=1#2
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...eapon&page=1#2

I'm sorry to say that I'd like to hear it from someone else at Paizo before I consider it official.

I do agree that the RAI was that it be allowed at 1st level, but I don't know whether they meant to write:

"This evolution can be taken once for every five levels the summoner possesses, minimum 1."
(1, 10, 15, 20)

or

"This evolution can be taken once, plus an additional time for every five levels the summoner possesses."
(1, 5 10, 15, 20)

Additionally, this issue has been around since before the current errata for the APG was published, but they didn't clarify this in that errata. And worse, they extended the arguments by adding the Extra Evolution and Extra Summons feats in UM (both pg 150) - those both have special text allowing extra uses that's almost identical to the phrasing for this evolution.
Mathias is online now   #93
Yaro

Old June 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDawg View Post
Just discovered that by adding a batch of magical +2 arrows (+1 arrows bane) at a quantity of 50, and the gold piece value after added to the character gear was 400,000+gp, effectively counting each arrow as a +2 weapon. I then sold off 44 of them, to bring the total down to 6 and the gear value dropped to 50,000+gp. GP value of the arrows should have been only 8302gp for the batch, or 166gp each.

Or something to that effect. Not sure if this should be under the general Hero Lab section or here in the Pathfinder section, but there it is. Nor am I sure this hasn't been discovered or mentioned previously, as I am too lazy to search.

Cheers.
I just updated my software to the latest version and I'm seeing something similar. When I add 50 arrows using "create custom weapon" they're priced at 125gp. They should be 2.5gp. It would appear as though the software is now pricing each arrows at 2.5gp as opposed to the bunch of 50.
Yaro is offline   #94
Thazar

Old June 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
This has been in the game for a while so it may have been posted before. There are two copies of the skill Craft Armor. I have listed the Thing ID below for each. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have it cleaned up.

Craft Armor - skCrafArm
Craft Armor - skCrafArmr

Based upon how many digits other craft skills have I believe the three letter one is the dup error and the four letter one is the one to keep.
Thazar is offline   #95
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Please remember that there is a search option on this forum. You'll find it on the right-hand side, just above the thread listing.

(The last two posts were re-postings of known issues, which is why I'm adding the reminder)
Mathias is online now   #96
Thursaflokkurin

Old June 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Unless I'm missing something, the Grab evolution drop down box doesn't seem to include all available options. I was building an eidolon with the serpentine form - this automatically comes with both a bite and tail slap attacks, both of which are included in the Grab (Ex) description. But when I choose the Grab evolution, the only option in the drop down box is bite.
Thursaflokkurin is offline   #97
overdark

Old June 6th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that the Improved Natural Armor evolution can be taken at 1st level. This is official from James Jacobs at Paizo. According to him it can be taken at levels 1,5,10,15,20. This is not how it works currently in Hero*Lab, so I thought you should know that. Heres a link to his post on the Paizo boards

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ce=search#8792
overdark is offline   #98
bodrin

Old June 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Updated to V3.7, Pathfinder V5.3 and received this error message.

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'skS2concMa' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'cHelpMag' referenced by script

Unsure if it's related to Ultimate Magic though!

That's just a guess, don't know if it's a bug!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hl Error.JPG (44.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Hl Data sets.JPG (90.0 KB, 1 views)
bodrin is offline   #99
Minneyar

Old June 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm sorry to say that I'd like to hear it from someone else at Paizo before I consider it official.
It has now been added to the official APG FAQ.
Minneyar is offline   #100
Closed Thread