Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

beaker1

Old February 12th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know how to change the current rare choice for High Elves? It's still on last edition in terms of numbers per total army value.
beaker1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
it seems fine to me - at 3k points it gets 6 rares but the old army gets 3.... is that wrong??
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Symon

Old April 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
The core, special and rare composition requirements / allowances was changed in the latest book.
There is an error at least in the low points army requirements.
i.e. in 500 point AB says >=2 core required, where High Elves only require 1
This may not be the case in 3k or other amounts, I realy only noticed it when trying to put together a 500pt army.
Symon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silverfox510

Old April 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
There does seem to be an issue with the Warbands ruleset. For some reason the coding that allows for the HE's unique compostion rules hasn't overwritten the Warbands' standard 2+ Core rules (even though it comes after it in the ProfCore procedure of genericstuff.dat file).

I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to how to fix this =(. Does anyone with more knowledge of the coding know how to sort this?
Silverfox510 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
StormofDarkness

Old July 17th, 2008, 09:09 AM
My son has just found that Silver Helms are in the Special section instead of core and he is begging me to ask if you can add Imrik, Dragon Prince of Caledor and also Eltherion (recent version of him being blind)

White Lions come up as a Special Choice, but in the book they are Rare (not sure, but there may be some special rule allowing them to become a Special or Core choice, but really not sure about that, could be just a rumour)

Pheonix Guard also comes up as Special Choice when in the book it is a Rare, again, there may be some special ruling to this as above.
StormofDarkness is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 18th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Storm ... In the new army book Silver Helms, White Lions and Pheonix Guard all are Special Choices ... donno about the old version ... never played High Elves in 6th ed. Sorry
I haven't looked at the High Elves file ... and proberly won't.
b0ksah is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old July 31st, 2008, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormofDarkness
My son has just found that Silver Helms are in the Special section instead of core and he is begging me to ask if you can add Imrik, Dragon Prince of Caledor and also Eltherion (recent version of him being blind)

White Lions come up as a Special Choice, but in the book they are Rare (not sure, but there may be some special rule allowing them to become a Special or Core choice, but really not sure about that, could be just a rumour)

Pheonix Guard also comes up as Special Choice when in the book it is a Rare, again, there may be some special ruling to this as above.
Storm the current version of the High Elf file is for 7th edition. I might have an old version of the file floating around, if you absolutly need it.
belgarath97 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
karlhunt

Send a message via MSN to karlhunt Send a message via Yahoo to karlhunt

Old August 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Imrik and Eltherion as listed in your post are not included in the new book. White Lions, Pheonix Guard, and Silver Helms are all correctly listed as special units in the current datafile (as per the 7th ed rules), much to my dismay. If you can give me a link to Eltherion and Imrik I can look into sending you a coppy that includes them. As for the others you would have to use the old high elf list which I belive is still available at the bottom of the race selection menu.
karlhunt is offline   #8 Reply With Quote