Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Save-vs-DM

Old June 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I've tried doing this myself, but I can't get it to work.

What I want is to make a custom power that removes a flaw from a power. I'm patterning it off of the Feature power, but I want you to be able to select the flaw from a list.

Can anyone help me with this? Please!
Save-vs-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Save-vs-DM View Post
I've tried doing this myself, but I can't get it to work.

What I want is to make a custom power that removes a flaw from a power. I'm patterning it off of the Feature power, but I want you to be able to select the flaw from a list.

Can anyone help me with this? Please!
Er... could you give an example? Generally, it's as easy as buying something with the points (with GM approval of course), and simply saying "When this is active, that flaw is gone". Are you looking for a mechanical change?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old June 16th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Er... could you give an example? Generally, it's as easy as buying something with the points (with GM approval of course), and simply saying "When this is active, that flaw is gone". Are you looking for a mechanical change?
Mostly I just want a way to notate it nicely on the character sheet is all. It doesn't really have to mechanically remove the flaw. If it worked a little like the Feature power that would be good enough.

Example: One of my players is a magician. All of her powers are unreliable, except when she uses her wand. When she has the wand it removes the unreliable flaw. Same point total, only minus the device discount.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Hmm... there are ways to require someone to pull an item off of a list for a power. Simplest example is looking up the ability to add Impervious to a save. Thing is, I don't know know if there's already a list for Flaws. If so, you should find it pretty easy. The power will merely notate something along the lines of "This power removes up to 10 ranks of <flaw name> from a single power". I'm not certain if you can have two fields to choose from. Check to see if there exists a power which lets you specify two drop-downs.

Frankly, unless this came up often, I'd argue that you just write it up as a Feature (does not need wand) for the points necessary to pay for the Flaw. That could be placed inside the Device then for the discount.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote