Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Hi all -
Back from Gamex 2010. Had a blast, but realized that there were several errors with my character. I'm going to attempt to figure that out. Another thread for that.
Back to SoS. I've entered most everything so far - now working on the Ioun Stones, after having found that the Cracked Dusty Rose gives a +1 Initiative, for a +11 bonus.
I'm able to copy the 'core' Ioun stone and modify the eval scripts. The Dusty Rose was easy enough. But the Amber Spindle is a tad more difficult.
The 'core' Amber Spindle grants a +1 bonus to all saves, while the cracked one only provides a +1 to the choice of one save. How do I make this happen? For now, I created three different types of the Cracked Amber Spindle. I have the AS Cracked (Fort), AS Cracked (Ref) and AS Cracked (Will).

For the Crimson Sphere - you only get the +2 bonus when you have two spheres. It seems other than the description, I keep the eval script the same.

But the Dark Blue provides the Alertness Feat. With the cracked version, it only provides a +1 to Perception and Sense Motive. Can I just remove the ~If we don't have the Alertness feat, add our bonuses ....? Or is it a rewrite? What about the Deep Red Cracked that provides a +1 to one Dex based skill?

Thanks for your help. I'll upload this as soon as the rest are done for review, and hopefully fixing if I've gotten something wrong.

Anybody working on Adventurer's Armory? Still need help with the Scizore (copied it with the Klar, but not working correctly).

Be Well. Be Well Entered.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com

Last edited by Theocrat; June 4th, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: AS broken down into 3 separate saves
Theocrat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
Anybody working on Adventurer's Armory? Still need help with the Scizore (copied it with the Klar, but not working correctly).
I have the weapons done, including the Scizore, from Adventurer's Armory all done and uploaded to d20pfsrd. I am working on the Armor section now(almost done) and after that plan to get to the Adventure Gear....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old June 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I have the weapons done, including the Scizore, from Adventurer's Armory all done and uploaded to d20pfsrd. I am working on the Armor section now(almost done) and after that plan to get to the Adventure Gear....
Thank you for working on this. It will be great to see it done!

I tried what you have completed at this point, but I get a load error related to the wshield variable, and it causes a disable of all the USR loaded files, so am unable to test it.

I will try it again when you have some more updates completed.

Robyn
dragonladytoo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Ok all fixed. I have so many .user files that I sometimes bootstrap something that actually exists in another .user file. Which means it all works great if you have both .user files, but doesn't if you have just one.

So if you have the shield weapon .user file and the Adventurer's Armory everything was fine. So its fixed and I uploaded a new version that does not require having both .user files.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I've now completed Seeker of Secrets with the cracked Ioun Stones. I'm unsure if its really worth putting in all the flawed stones, they don't seem to have much use.
Back to the Cracked Ioun Stones, I've entered them and attempted to get them to have all their benefits, but there are a few that don't. I've left Editor marks to let the user know if it's something that they'll have to add to their sheet on their own.
I'll set it up so that ShadowChemosh can put it on his site.

Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old June 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Has anyone worked on the prestige classes from this as well?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Old June 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I did not do the Prestiage Classes - I am not that familiar with HL to be able to do all that programing. I will be more than happy to pass on the Seeker Of Secrets .user file to someone that would like to add them to it so that it more complete. Especially as that would better than having a SoS file that is just the PrC's and one that is the rest of the book. ShadowChemosh isn't set to upload the file to his site till after this weekend anyway, and uploading a newer version is always do-able.
I'd love to see someone enter in the PrC's and then maybe I'll take a look and attempt to understand it more.

Be Well.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bishop37

Old June 13th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Regarding the Adventurer's Armory - I noticed at least one error with the weapons in the HL.user file. On the sharpened combat scabbard, you cannot select metal special materials. I'm assuming you didn't toggle the right switch for that.

On the Seekers of Secrets .user file - Several of the items display the incorrect price due to commas in the datafile. (for example, Hero Lab reads "2,500" as "2").

The Pathfinder pouch doesn't negate the weight of its contents (which you can do with a gear script that you can cut and paste from the Bag of Holding).

On the Wayfinders, you technically don't have to equip them to use their powers and they don't need to show up in the Specials window. They probably should be set as containers, but making Ioun stones work while in them would probably require some redesign engine-side from the Lone Wolf end.

Thanks for the work adapting these book tho! I'm still getting a lot of use out of the data files
Bishop37 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
Regarding the Adventurer's Armory - I noticed at least one error with the weapons in the HL.user file. On the sharpened combat scabbard, you cannot select metal special materials. I'm assuming you didn't toggle the right switch for that.
Hopefully anything else you find is that easy to fix. Uploaded the fixed copy.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 14th, 2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
msnowman

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to throw out a quick thanks to those of you that are adding content and sharing their .user files.
msnowman is offline   #10 Reply With Quote