Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

davystyles

Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:43 PM
Is there any one who has or are there any plans to script the Racial Feats i have players who want to use them and was wondering if it is in the works or am i better off trying to figure out how to script them myself.
davystyles is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 3rd, 2017, 04:46 AM
It should be in the next community release. Given that the last release was 8/19, it might be a month or two before any updates are released.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Madcap13

Old September 11th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Might want to wait until Xanatar's Guide comes out in November. They'll all be in there, plus a crapload of new subclasses and possibly some new backgrounds.
Madcap13 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 11th, 2017, 10:40 PM
That won't be quick to release in the Community Pack unless they havn't changed anything. I'm willing to bet their are enough slight tweaks to force us to remake everything.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Madcap13

Old September 11th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
That won't be quick to release in the Community Pack unless they havn't changed anything. I'm willing to bet their are enough slight tweaks to force us to remake everything.
Not to mention Cavaliers, Inquisitives, Horizon Walkers, and whatever other subclasses they cough up.

How long did Volo's guide take to translate to HL?
Madcap13 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 12th, 2017, 12:45 AM
We did the player stuff quickly but races are simple. The monsters were only added last month.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 12th, 2017, 05:25 AM
There is also likely to be a holiday lag on Xanathar's too, with it coming out at the end of November, the US contributors will have to slog through the holidays before getting anything input and tested. I would expect at least January before seeing a possible release of anything from that book.

The monster's in Volo took over 80 hours of work (I know because that was mainly me, when I was between jobs) AND that was data entry typing everything in, since dndbeyond didn't have it available for FREE and WotC still won't release a PDF copy of their work.

If someone has plans on purchasing the book through dndbeyond and enabling content sharing, I would think that would help speed things up with some of the copy/paste work for mechanics though, may be worth discussing creating a contributors campaign and setting up a patreon or gofundme to allow people to chip in remembering we can't do the 100% identical for copy/paste.
dungeonguru is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 12th, 2017, 05:55 AM
DnDBeyond is absolutely a resource we should be looking at.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote