Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Name tents are something that has been talked about before, and I know some people like them. I've written up a case for them in our to-do list, but I can't promise anything about when we will be able to add them. Adding them will be on a game system-by-game system basis, since the information that's useful varies from system to system. In HLC, the custom output option already offers the tools to support this, so users are able to build their own tent designs (if they know how to use XLST and html).

I think there may need to be several options, in order to handle this properly, since some users will just want names, some will want images, some will want ACs/Init mod/space for current init roll/saves/perception/etc. all on the tent.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old March 26th, 2018, 07:37 PM
I wish there was an option to use XSLT with HLO, even if we had to do it externally. We'll have to wait until we get an appropriate output format.

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I wish there was an option to use XSLT with HLO, even if we had to do it externally. We'll have to wait until we get an appropriate output format.

Dave
Internally, we have an XML format that's dynamically generating almost all of the UI, including the print view. Once we open up user content that should allow for some pretty broad custom outputs.
Ian is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:43 AM
Sweet, thanks Ian.

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
boojumbunn

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:47 AM
I know that the name tents I am most familiar with normally have your characters Name, players Name, and character Portrait on one side to help everyone remember each others names during the games... and on the backside I normally put My Init Bonus and Perception, because those seem to come up a lot. It's not that hard to manually create, and there are templates you can download... but LOTS of things aren't hard to create and it's still nice when the character generation/tracking software takes care of it. Just like I could create my own power cards in 4e, but it was nice to be able to just print them out and cut them up.
boojumbunn is offline   #15 Reply With Quote