Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:26 PM
Paragon, you can open the .user file in a text editor and change the component from Edge to EdgeWep.
Otherwise, you could go into the Editor, delete the custom Edge and re-create it under the Edge with a Bootstrapped Weapon tab.
It's usually easier to edit just that one thing with a text editor.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
cdwjava

Old November 28th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
As I noted in my post to Zarlor elsewhere, I'm getting some errors like this:

Thing 'edgArmSkin', with condition test currently set at Initialize/10000 and its earliest possible resolution at Initialize/2100 bootstraps thing 'armNatural' which must have its livestate resolved by Initialize/2000

Neither he nor I have any idea how to even go about fixing that. Anyone from LW who sees this care to weigh in?
Which file is causing this? I am getting the same error and don't know whether it is the never-disappearing Deadlands Noir file update? Or, something else I downloaded. I note the text fix in the editor, but I am not sure where to begin looking for this to update.
cdwjava is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old November 30th, 2015, 05:28 PM
In the Settings Adjust tab in the Editor, the Show Robots checkbox doesn't appear to work properly. It is adding <tag group="Hero" tag="ShowRobot"/> to the user file, but Robots doesn't appear under the Heavy Gear tab
THX472 is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 1st, 2015, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwjava View Post
Which file is causing this? I am getting the same error and don't know whether it is the never-disappearing Deadlands Noir file update? Or, something else I downloaded. I note the text fix in the editor, but I am not sure where to begin looking for this to update.
It's not Noir, although I think I know why it's never-disappearing (and there are posts on the forum here how to fix that.) What is the name of the thing in the error that is causing this problem for you? That could help tell us what it is. It should be something that starts with "edg" in the name and the next two characters should tell us what setting is causing the problem.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
cdwjava

Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
It's not Noir, although I think I know why it's never-disappearing (and there are posts on the forum here how to fix that.) What is the name of the thing in the error that is causing this problem for you? That could help tell us what it is. It should be something that starts with "edg" in the name and the next two characters should tell us what setting is causing the problem.
This is the message I receive when I try to load Savage Worlds:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'edgBEPsiKn'-Condition phase/priority (Initialize/2100) for bootstrap thing 'wpBEPsiBla' occurs after earliest rules/script (Initialize/2000)."

After that, when I click "ok" it will load the basic files, but none of my extensions that are not by PEG (except it will not load Sci Fi Companion even after I purchased it).

Any insight would be appreciated.
cdwjava is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Ok, so the problem is with whatever data file "BE" is assigned to, which I am going to hazard a guess is Paragon's Broken Earth file? If so you can either go into the Editor and upen up the BrokenEarth.user file and delete that Edge (Psionic Knight, maybe? I'm just guessing based on the name since I don't know the setting), or do the fix in the thread where I talk about how to do that or, probably your best bet, just ask Paragon for the newest version of the file since I'm pretty sure he has it fixed. You can also just go to your data file directory and delete the .user file that's coming from which will let everything else load but you just won't have that one setting anymore.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that's the PsiBlade on the Mind Knight edge, and it was one of the things that was borked. I'll PM the link to him.
Paragon is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 3rd, 2015, 04:37 PM
I recommend that Paragon shares it in a dropbox folder and then gives the link so that we can have Hero Lab look at it for updates. I just started doing that a couple of months ago myself.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 3rd, 2015, 05:00 PM
I'd suggest the better bet would be not just share on dropbox, but use an update.xml (named whatever you want, though) file so the updates to it could show up in the updater. I have a description how to do it on this forum if anyone wants to try that (I can find a link if you want me to.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 3rd, 2015, 06:05 PM
I keep my updater xml in a dropbox folder That is what I meant. Then when I update it uploads itself to the web.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #140 Reply With Quote