Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

meek75

Old December 23rd, 2014, 07:40 AM
I don't remember seeing this before, but why can't I attach GM directions below a snippet rather than above it? There are times I would rather it be below. It seems like (to my very limited understanding) that it should be easy to have RW attach it to either place at the users direction. So, I know I missed the survey but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
So, I know I missed the survey but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.
The survey is open until January 11, 2015:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...urvey-is-live/
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 23rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
I don't remember seeing this before, but why can't I attach GM directions below a snippet rather than above it? There are times I would rather it be below. It seems like (to my very limited understanding) that it should be easy to have RW attach it to either place at the users direction. So, I know I missed the survey but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.
By attach do you mean "add a GM Snippet"? Because you can add any type of snippet above or below the snippet your clicking on in question. You can also change any snippet to GM Direction.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
Ctrl-D creates a GM snippet above the current PC snippet and attached to it. I agree with OP that below would be nice too. I use these extensively so that chests and doors and tactics are attached to the things they describe.

Most modules put the text in a block on top of the GM text that it refers to.

I would strongly prefer GM text after PC text if it was an option.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Ctrl-D creates a GM snippet above the current PC snippet and attached to it. I agree with OP that below would be nice too. I use these extensively so that chests and doors and tactics are attached to the things they describe.

Most modules put the text in a block on top of the GM text that it refers to.

I would strongly prefer GM text after PC text if it was an option.
AH yeah sorry, yes I agree that would be cool, I never even thought of that, obviously the OP is keener then I am.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 1st, 2015, 11:23 AM
I agree with this. I would like to be able to do both, but if I had to choose one over the other I would want it below, as that is the standard layout of most adventure paths.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I agree with this. I would like to be able to do both, but if I had to choose one over the other I would want it below, as that is the standard layout of most adventure paths.
Actually having it either or both would be slick, as writer of my own material I like the GM snippet where it makes sense, is it info as GM I need to know before players enter/check door/listen? then it goes on top, if it is info for after you have done the above, then it would go after.

Being able to attach above, below or both would be sweet.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old January 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Am I missing something here or are you? When you click to the right of a snippet (F9), go to "Add Snippet Above" or "Add Snippet Below" and you can choose "GM Directions" to create them. They are not attached to the snippet (as if you created "GM Directions" from the first menu so they might not be what you want but they seem to accomplish the same thing and can be moved on their own if you decide you need to do so.
Gord is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Am I missing something here or are you? When you click to the right of a snippet (F9), go to "Add Snippet Above" or "Add Snippet Below" and you can choose "GM Directions" to create them. They are not attached to the snippet (as if you created "GM Directions" from the first menu so they might not be what you want but they seem to accomplish the same thing and can be moved on their own if you decide you need to do so.
If you hit Ctrl D you add a GM note to a snipit. It always adds above the snippet it modifies.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 8th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
If you attach the GM note to a snippet the program will always keep them together. That way if you move one the other is automatically moved with it. You can add a GM not snippet below any other snippet, but they will not be tied together and can get accidentally separated when moving them. I often do place a GM not below a snippet and don't attach them, but it would be nice if I could. A minor thing, but nice none the less.
meek75 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote