Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hadesblade

Old December 31st, 2014, 07:08 PM
When can we expect to see the War Hulk archetype for the half-giant Aegis? I was really hoping it was going to be on the last update.
Hadesblade is offline   #261 Reply With Quote
Mean Eyed Cat

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:25 PM
Greetings! I wanted to say thank you so much for creating the psionic files for Hero Lab! TCArknight and company have done a wonderful job :-) I run a heavily modified Dark Sun-ish Pathfinder campaign and our group uses Psionics a lot. These files have have assisted me greatly. With Hero Lab, I've been able to update some of the old Dark Sun races to Hero Lab and have created a few new ones for my campaign.

There is one item I am curious about. I think it was sometime before the last update or so, I was able to select psionic powers (as spell-like abilities) for the Race builder option under "Add Racial Traits." Now, it seems, I can't do that. Any chance that this can be adjusted to re-allow psionic powers or a maybe inserting a psi-like ability option under Custom Racial Traits that is similar to the spell-like ability option?

Thanks again and keep up the hard work!
Mean Eyed Cat is offline   #262 Reply With Quote
Trexnco

Old January 20th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I'm getting an error now during the load up of Hero Labs - stating:

the following errors occurred:
File:PFRPG_Sources.1st(line 4) -Source - Duplicate record encountered ('p.SGG')

Please help.
Cheers
J
Trexnco is offline   #263 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexnco View Post

Please help.
Cheers
J
Try to download and apply the Pathfinder 3PP Pack one more time. Occasionally the old files are not being removed.

If that does not work. Then start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell me what you show here.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #264 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexnco View Post

Please help.
Cheers
J
So this appears to be only for those that had the very old "Dragonrider" addon installed that came with the old .pdf download.

Please note the latest v1.1 of the "Pathfinder 3PP Pack" has this fixed and you get a much newer version of the Dragonrider on top of things.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #265 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 18th, 2015, 04:18 PM
There's a note under Soulknife in the SRD (which I believe as of UP is also true of Aegis):
Quote:
Sometimes, a soulknife may qualify for a prestige class with “+1 level of existing manifesting class” as a class feature. This increased psionic training helps those who follow the path of the mind blade as well as the path of the manifester. At each level where a manifester level would increase by one, treat the soulknife as if he had gained a level of soulknife for the purposes of Enhanced Mind Blade. The soulknife does not gain any other benefits from an increased level (blade skills, etc.).

It’s less common, but sometimes a multiclass soulknife enters one of these prestige classes with a bit of manifesting talent. In high psionics games, for this special case, each indicated level of the prestige class advances both the soulknife’s Enhanced Mind Blade, as above, and his existing manifester level by one level. In games that are not high psionics, choose one or the other to increase, but not both.
Naturally, we have players in our upcoming campaign who plan on going this route, and currently the DM has also indicated that the game is going to be High Psionics. One of the players built a test version of her character using a combination of Soulknife, Psychic Warrior, and Elocater, and it doesn't look like the advancement for the Soulknife's Enhanced Mind Blade is available as a choice (or, in the case of a High Psionics campaign, a bonus). Is this something that just hasn't been implemented yet, or are we not looking in the right place?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #266 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 18th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
There's a note under Soulknife in the SRD (which I believe as of UP is also true of Aegis):

Naturally, we have players in our upcoming campaign who plan on going this route, and currently the DM has also indicated that the game is going to be High Psionics. One of the players built a test version of her character using a combination of Soulknife, Psychic Warrior, and Elocater, and it doesn't look like the advancement for the Soulknife's Enhanced Mind Blade is available as a choice (or, in the case of a High Psionics campaign, a bonus). Is this something that just hasn't been implemented yet, or are we not looking in the right place?
Sigh. Nope don't think anyone knows about this. As such nothing has been added to take this into account. I guess it needs to be added to the "issues" list.

Until then on the adjust tab you can use "Class Abilities: Extra Levels" to manually have it calculate these values.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #267 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 18th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks! It wasn't going to be an issue right away and we had figured that we could use an adjustment to cover it when it was (luckily, being a High Psionics campaign means we don't have to worry about it being a choice).

Now, off to start looking at putting together Metaforge...

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #268 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Okay, Houston, we have a problem.

We started working on the Student of the Astral Suit Feat and the Metaforge Prestige Class, and have run into the problem that unlike Soulknife's Mind Blade the Aegis class is hard-coded where the Astral Suit is concerned.

For the Feat, while I can wait until the customization points are assigned and then re-do the assignment with the adjusted level (which is necessary since unlike Soulknife there's no provision for xExtraLev), I still can't select the customizations that are above the hero's actual class level, because #totallevelcount[Aegis] is explicit in the prerequisite.

Metaforge runs into the same sorts of difficulties, since Metaforge levels count the same way for Astral Suit customization (and of course it's possible a hero might have both).

So neither of these is going to be possible until Aegis is modified.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #269 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Yea some of the hard-coding in the bases classes is causing rework when we get to the PrCs. Its a learning curve for the editors and it will get better over time.

Allot of these classes should be using the PUPreReqs procedure for exactly this reason. Then we could have logic in PUPreReqs that could easily count the PrC levels.

So something else to look at when we get to that PrC....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #270 Reply With Quote