Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fiordhraoi

Old February 11th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently running a large game (8 people). I'm using HL to keep track of everyone's sheet.

Is there a way for me to put an identical journal entry in multiple characters' records?

IE - They just finished a job, they all get 12,000 nuyen and 7 karma. Rather than go to each individual journal and enter 12k nuyes/7 karma eight times in a row, I'd like to be able to just put in the awards and have it applied to all the characters.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 11th, 2016, 09:18 AM
not that i am aware.

FYI I do the same thing for our Srun 5e campaign Fiord, but I do have to enter each runner's rewards manually.
adzling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fiordhraoi

Old February 11th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Ah darn. Seems like it would be a good feature, and relatively easy to implement. Maybe it'll show up eventually.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old February 13th, 2016, 12:13 AM
It probably wouldn't be easy, since each file is kept individually but I agree it would be a handy feature and probably across the board -- not just for shadowrun.
Polecat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old February 19th, 2016, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure it would be that difficult, as they could likely adapt some of the functionality that already exists in other datasets. You can already move programs and autosofts among characters in the Shadowrun portfolio (not just from a character's vehicle to him to his RCC, but actually from his RCC to another character) and you can duplicate weapon/armor/item entries in the Pathfinder dataset - I wonder if these two functionalities could be combined and modified to work for the Journal functions in the SR dataset?

Or all of the HeroLab datasets, for that matter - I run Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and Mutants and Masterminds games from HeroLab, and would love the ability to quickly input Journal entries for every character in the .por I use to run each session.

Once they've been added to the individual characters as a batch, you can easily just export the individual characters back to individual files while preserving the Journal entries.
d20Maverick is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Leonim13

Old February 21st, 2016, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Or all of the HeroLab datasets, for that matter - I run Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and Mutants and Masterminds games from HeroLab, and would love the ability to quickly input Journal entries for every character in the .por I use to run each session.
I exactly had the same problem to "push" xp, gold, etc. for my pathfinder sessions into each character included in my .por.
Once they solve this feature for one system, they could add it for every system

Last edited by Leonim13; February 21st, 2016 at 06:37 AM.
Leonim13 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote