Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old January 25th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Trying to get this organised a bit better. There are two story arcs that are evolving over on GitHub. How about we get some votes on the direction to take this.

If you have a better idea... add it!

Vote Now On The General Story

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
themantheycallcris

Old January 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Makes me think of some sort of dungeon demiplane. A place where some entity (let's call him Don Jean Me'Stiere) has traveled space/time collecting dungeon bits and pieces that he liked, and putting them together in his pocket dimension to make a Frankensteinien dungeon out of them all!

"A little bit of this dungeon, the west half of that dungeon, and OH!... can't forget level 6 of this tower!"

I could even see there being a dimension door in each "section", which would allow the party to travel back and forth between this community dungeon and the larger dungeons that each section originates from. There could even be an Order of the Dungeon Dimension which collects intel on this mysterious entity and his strange dimension, logging where the dimensional doors are, and hiring out parties to delve into the depths of this strange world.

If the party were to find one of these dimension doors, there could be some message along the lines of "Intrigued by this wing of the dungeon? Want to explore it's mysteries further? You only have to speak the words "Give me the full ("premium" for $, or "open" for free) Realm!!" to continue deeper..." Something that would let them know that this part of the community dungeon is only a part of a larger Realm that is available in RealmWorks (for free or at a cost)! It could become somewhat of a showcase sampler for Realms that others want to share or sell.

Christ is King!

Last edited by themantheycallcris; January 25th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.
themantheycallcris is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 25th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Is every kind of dungeon greenlit? I had the idea of some kind of ufo wreckage in the mountains... abandoned.... or? Rumors from the local miners who found strange metal-like parts that they have never seen before....

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Is every kind of dungeon greenlit?
I am not familiar with that expression...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM
I think greenlit refers to 'having to be approved', so greenlit items have received approval to go forward or make it into the finished product.
Viking2054 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:57 PM
OK - that actually makes sense.

Thank you.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 26th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Mate surprise us Keen to have as much fun as possible with this and having a UFO turn up in my fantasy world could be damn bloody interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Is every kind of dungeon greenlit? I had the idea of some kind of ufo wreckage in the mountains... abandoned.... or? Rumors from the local miners who found strange metal-like parts that they have never seen before....

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old January 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
This idea is FANTASTIC! Count me in! I have an idea for an under mountain lake crossing that could be interesting.
Aleslosh is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 29th, 2017, 01:59 PM
New community responses added to the survey. Get your votes in people. Will leave this open until COB Fri.

Vote Now On The General Story

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 30th, 2017, 01:43 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we could merge all of these concepts together. The only piece that doesn't really merge well is the concept of the trade tunnel.

Quote:
For centuries a barbarian tribe [need tribe name] has protected the world from the evil of the cave, going out of their way to ensure travelers do not enter the cave and the monsters do not leave. Recently, activity spewing from the cave's mouth has increased and the barbarians sent out runners to identify heroes who can help investigate the cause of the increased activity.

Unbeknownst to the barbarians they have a new neighbor. His name is Don Jean Me'Stiere. He's a gnome of small stature but grand plans. He moved in a few months prior and has been busy preparing the greatest dungeon the world has ever seen.

A mage of great ability, he spent many years travelling the [planes of existence/world] hunting down the greatest challenges possible. He collected knowledge of the dungeons, recorded their locations and ranked them on difficulty. After many years he returned to his home location and starting shopping for a place to begin his master-plan.

He had heard of the great cave throughout his child-hood. Guarded by a ferocious barbarian tribe and home to unknown monstrosities... it was perfect!

Using his knowledge of the arcane arts he created portals connecting his favorite dungeons together. He sorted them in order of challenge level and when he was ready for 'guests' he started routing some monsters down the valley to attack the barbarian village...

That would be sure to draw some attention.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #30 Reply With Quote