Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old September 4th, 2016, 07:52 PM
So I'm trying to get a custom description set so that it reads properly as the ability upgrades. However, the system keeps giving me an error saying that there are extra characters at the end of the line.

Section giving me problems:

field[CustDesc].text = "Once per day, you may enchant your blade with up to two levels of the following: {i}Level 1:{/i} defending, flaming, frost, shock, ghost touch. {i}Level 2:{/i} bane (choose type), disruption, flaming burst, icy burst, shocking burst, thundering, wounding."

I don't see what the issue is. Any ideas?

Incidentally, does anyone remember what you put if you want to put paragraphs in a custom description? The barbarian's Rage ability used to have it before things changed and I don't remember.
Illyahr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 6th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
So I'm trying to get a custom description set so that it reads properly as the ability upgrades. However, the system keeps giving me an error saying that there are extra characters at the end of the line.

Section giving me problems:

field[CustDesc].text = "Once per day, you may enchant your blade with up to two levels of the following: {i}Level 1:{/i} defending, flaming, frost, shock, ghost touch. {i}Level 2:{/i} bane (choose type), disruption, flaming burst, icy burst, shocking burst, thundering, wounding."

I don't see what the issue is. Any ideas?
It's possible you have some extra line breaks? I'm not sure. I can't really tell without seeing the file itself.

Quote:
Incidentally, does anyone remember what you put if you want to put paragraphs in a custom description? The barbarian's Rage ability used to have it before things changed and I don't remember.
Try {br}
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old September 6th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Huh. The {br} actually fixed both issues somehow. Thanks
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote