Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Nyteraven

Old January 12th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Hello!

I am trying to get some help regarding the fact that my sync button seems be greeted out and I am unable to share my realms with my players. I submitted a ticket a few weeks ago, and sent a follow up to it over a week ago with no response. I also tried posting this question in another thread in which another member had the same issue, and I still am not see my question there either. I would very much like some assistance in getting my realm works to work correctly please. It’s been not working correctly for nearly a month now and as great as a program it is, I’m finding it rather difficult to get any assistance.

Please could someone respond to my issue so I may fully use the software? Thank you!
Nyteraven is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old January 13th, 2018, 07:30 AM
First step: log in to Realm Works.

You can’t sync if you’re not logged in.

Second: on the Realms tab of the launcher, what is the sync status of the realm?

Third: make sure Realm Works is fully updated. What version number are you on?

Let us know those, then we’ll try and move things on.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works

Last edited by Chemlak; January 13th, 2018 at 07:33 AM.
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nyteraven

Old January 14th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I am logged in, and my copy of realm works is up to date.

Both the sync status and sync button themselves are grayed out and I get a message that states: "Sync not available with your current account level. Upgrade to enable syncing."

There is no other level of account at this point. I was not part of the Kickstarter and just purchased RW about 6 weeks ago. I was able to Sync just fine for the first week or so, and then suddenly I couldn't.
Nyteraven is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 14th, 2018, 12:19 PM
There was a bug that was causing some people to have this problem. It was reported fixed as you know. Submitting a ticket is about the only thing you can do.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nyteraven

Old January 14th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Thanks!

I was hoping that there was a work around while I was waiting for my ticket to be resolved. Other than sending follow up responses in the ticket, is there any way to find out how much longer it will take for a ticket to be viewed or responded to?
Nyteraven is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 15th, 2018, 02:21 AM
No, I am afraid not.

They used to be pretty quick at getting back to you when you submitted a ticket, but recently they have been pretty busy so it might take a little longer.

Have you tried to backup the realm locally and then completely uninstall RW, re-install it and take it from there?

You should probably backup the masterrealm by hand and do a backup the database through RW before you do anything else.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nyteraven

Old January 15th, 2018, 08:10 PM
I tried that suggestion and it did not work. The issue even extends to any new realm I create as well. I guess I will just have to wait.

If I exported my realm with "player only" content, could my players upload on the player edition the realm, or would they need to be invited in order to access anything?

Thank you all for your help!
Nyteraven is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 15th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Too bad it didn't solve the problem.

If you have a different computer, maybe you could install RW there, make a small test-realm and see if you can sync that to the sky.

If you can, maybe you can then copy the master.realm over from your first computer and see if you have more luck with synching.

I know, clutching at straws here...

As for whether you can export the revealed topics and let your players import them, I have no idea. I haven't played with that functionality yet.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote