Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Merion

Old April 16th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Hi there,

the last information I got concerning Realm Works and Wine was that insufficient .NET support prevent a successful start of RW under Linux+Wine.

Has anyone had success recently?

Problem is, that I'm rather the linux noob and running a Lubuntu 12.04 on an ancient laptop, so I know my chances are not the best. But I wanted to know if it is feasible at all.

Thnx
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
beholdsa

Old April 16th, 2014, 05:00 AM
I am far from being a Linux noob, and verified yesterday that RealmWorks doesn't run yet under linux.

In theory you will need both Wine (for the installer) and Mono (to execute RealmWorks itself, since it compiled under .NET).

I can run the installer fine using Wine. But then once the program is installed, trying to start RealmWorks using Mono fails with the following error:

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in #c.#8T:Main (): IL_0005: brtrue.s  IL_000c

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in #c.#8T:Main (): IL_0005: brtrue.s  IL_000c
Hopefully they'll have it running in a mono-friendly way soon. From what I understand that was part of their original intent.
beholdsa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Yep, running into the same error here, too.

While not what I foolishly hoped for, thanks for your affirmation! I'm still hoping there might be a native linux version sometime, but I fear it's not their topmost priority.

Still keeping an eye on those future patch notes.
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gunit888

Old July 11th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'm in the same boat. I had originally intended to run a Windows VM just for Realm Works. But it's so much overhead, and I have to actually deal with Windows, so I'm just going to wait until there's a better solution.
gunit888 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 11th, 2014, 09:30 PM
You might be waiting a while. There's a lot of things missing in Mono that are used by RealmWorks and its third-party libraries. Maybe if/when the web client can edit as well as view?

They talk about supporting other OSes in this thread: Mac/iPad/Android Integration.

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote