Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lowlander

Old September 18th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty new to the Hero Lab Editor and I've been able to get quite a few things done with it, but I'm now at the first real hurdle

As part of a few homebrew rules in our campaign around feat tax players of certain races can take an alternate racial trait that bootstraps the Two-Weapon Fighting feat if they have the requirement (dex 15). So far so good, I've managed to do this.

The trait should also however bootstrap Improved Two-Weapon Fighting and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting as soon as the hero has achieved their pre-requisites. This would be Dex 17 and base attack bonus +6 for Improved Two-Weapon Fighting.

So my reasoning is I have to bootstrap these, but with a condition. From the information in this thread I gather that I can't access the Attack and aDex picks on the hero from a condition. So I assume I'm going to have to write a script that checks for the information on the hero and creates a tag on this Thing (the alternate racial trait) when both conditions are satisfied?

So I guess that base attack bonus would be:

hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value

and the Dexterity

hero.child[aDex].value

it seems a tag can be assigned with assign[Group Id.Tag Id]
Can I make up a group id and tag id for my purposes?

I just found the scripting language reference at http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....pting_Language so I hope I can get further with that, but it would be nice to know if I'm on the right path or if there is a more efficient solution?

Thanks in advance.
Lowlander is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 18th, 2017, 04:28 PM
You're on the right track. But the tricky thing here is that bootstrap conditions usually need to be applied at a pretty early phase (I rarely go later than First/500 myself), and you won't be able to check the hero's DEX score until the Post-Attributes phase. In other words, by the time you know if the hero meets the feat prereqs, it's too late to use that knowledge in a bootstrap.

I'm away from my HL box so I can't test this now, but I think I would do this by bootstrapping the feats from the ART without conditions, and then put a script on the ART at Post-Attributes/10000 that checks the prerequisites and disables/hides any feats that the hero doesn't qualify for. You might also need to tag the bootstrapped feats with "thing.skipprereq" so that HL doesn't complain that you don't qualify for feats that don't look like they're on the character.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 18th, 2017, 05:24 PM
As TheIronFolem says, this won't work with a bootstrap condition. Have your ART bootstrap both feats with a Hide.Feat, thing.skipprereq, and a Custom.WHATEVER marker tag. Then create a pair of eval scripts which run late enough to check the pre-requisites (maybe early Final? You want to be late enough to catch item boosts to attributes), and if they are fulfilled, uses a findchild to get to the specific version of the feat you bootstrapped (that is why you added a Custom tag, to mark it) and delete the Hide and skipprereq tag from that feat.

This might cause issues (making it hidden when it should be shown) if you have something else which grants you the feat earlier than you would meet the pre-reqs, but in that case, just don't add the ART.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote