Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quintain

Old March 10th, 2017, 09:08 PM
All the syntax errors from my install was FrogGodGames_CorePackage_RacialSpecials.user -- all I needed to do was delete all the references in the above post from there and it cleared everything up.

However, I don't have all the FGG Hero Lab packs, so YMMV.
Quintain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 10th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Removing all of the FGG 3rd party stuff, works as a workaround, if you need HL for tomorrow...

I had/have/removed:
- Barakus
- Razor Coast
- Stoneheart Valley
- Rappan Athuk
Ualaa is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page the issue needs to be fixed by LW or FGG. The community Pack has no current issues with the latest version of Pathfinder.

From inside HL go to the Tools menu within Hero Lab and choose Explore Folders->Program Data Folder. This wil open the folder that has all the .user files. I would move out all files that start with frog god games.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 10th, 2017, 10:18 PM
FGG no longer offers hero lab files for any of their stuff.
If you already have them, then you can continue to use them, and they're still available on their site in your download section.

They've said the guy who was doing the HL files is not with them, so they cannot maintain any of the files and won't be offering new ones.

Lone Wolf has demonstrated amazing customer service for as long as I've been aware of Hero Lab as being an option; I cannot see this as new behavior and believe they've gone above and beyond, from day 1. I'm very sure they'll have some kind of a fix, so that people who have purchased data sets from FGG will be able to continue to use them, without having to buy the same information a second time from another company.
Ualaa is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 10th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
FGG no longer offers hero lab files for any of their stuff.
If you already have them, then you can continue to use them, and they're still available on their site in your download section.

They've said the guy who was doing the HL files is not with them, so they cannot maintain any of the files and won't be offering new ones.

Lone Wolf has demonstrated amazing customer service for as long as I've been aware of Hero Lab as being an option; I cannot see this as new behavior and believe they've gone above and beyond, from day 1. I'm very sure they'll have some kind of a fix, so that people who have purchased data sets from FGG will be able to continue to use them, without having to buy the same information a second time from another company.
Sent you a PM.
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
darthgator

Old March 12th, 2017, 04:58 PM
I just opened the .user file in Context and deleted the offending 'things'. HL fired right up with no issues after removing the 'things' from the actual file.
darthgator is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 13th, 2017, 04:26 AM
In my case, deleting the relevant objects or whatever... monsters really, resulted in syntax errors, which were not as easy to find.

Aaron took the time to create two files, which fixed a lot of the stuff. With all four FGG files there is still a lot of errors.
However, reinstalling the three other FGG files, resulted in only four things it did not like.
One of those was a craft poison, which had been an error from way back, which ShadowChemosh had pointed out how to fix it.

The other three were abilities on a specific wizard type... tumor wizard I believe.
I'm not sure how to fix those, as deleting the three entries creates a whole pile of syntax errors that I'm unsure of how to fix.

It would be nice to have all of the previously purchased FGG files playing nicely with the new stuff from HL.
However, adventure packages from Lone Wolf are organized much better than the no longer maintained FGG files.
With the FGG file, I basically have to read the book, figure out there's supposed to be whatever in the room, add those from the encounter builder tool into a portfolio and then save it in a hierarchy of directories named after chapters or dungeon areas.
The Lone Wolf versions have the hierarchy already built and everything already into portfolios.
So on that reason, when our group runs Razor Coast, I'd seriously consider buying the revised LW Razor Coast stuff despite already owning the FGG raw data (in the encounter builder).

However, I'd like my other FGG files to not create errors.
Rappan Athuk, Borderland Provinces, and Lost City of Barakus result in the four errors, one of which was previously explained on how to fix -- the craft poison entry.

The three that I'm unaware of how to fix are on the Class (265) tab, of the FrogGodGames_CorePackage_Classes.user file.
cWizFGBoBo - Boost Body
cWizFGBoMi - Boost Mind
cWizFGBoSp - Boost Spells

The errors are: File: FrogGodGames_CorePackage_Classes.user (line 2702) - Thing 'cWizFGBoBo' (dynamic tag) - Group 'RazorCoast' not defined.
BoMi is line 2729 and BoSp is line 2748.

I'm not sure how to "define" the razor coast group.
And removing those three entires results in a few dozen syntax errors.

For clarity, this is with all of the FGG files installed, except for the Razor Coast stuff.

Last edited by Ualaa; March 13th, 2017 at 04:34 AM.
Ualaa is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old March 14th, 2017, 09:32 AM
If there are a known set of changes that will correct the issue, perhaps a patch file could be provided for people using the FGG files?

Generally, distributing a patch file is not considered a derivative work under copyright law as long as it's correcting technical mistakes and not creating new content. And such a patch file would only be useful to people who already own the FGG files in the first place, so it's not like it would be useful to Joe Q. Public.

I'm referring to the type of patch file generated by running diff -u on a Un*x machine, of course. One that requires two text files, the original and the modified, and then produces a summary of the changes between them. This summary has enough detail to be able to recreate the modified file if the original is used as input. The corresponding patch command on a Un*x system would provide that functionality.

Or maybe this isn't possible at all. What do I know?
Azhrei is offline   #18 Reply With Quote