Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:19 PM
0.3.22 allows you to specify that image/asset files can be located in your S3 storage (if you've configured it for your foundry server).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 18th, 2021, 08:01 AM
0.4.0 adds the decoding of D&D 5E portfolio files.

It also removes support for 0.7.9 of Foundry VTT.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 22nd, 2021, 12:57 PM
0.4.1 fixes a bug introduced in 0.4.0 which meant that the module would fail to initialise if you did not have the D&D 5E game system installed on your Foundry installation.

Farling

Farling is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 23rd, 2021, 12:38 AM
0.5.0 will now set the disposition of the default token of NPC actors to match the allegiance found in the HL portfolio file.

It also adds support for Savage Worlds HL portfolio files. It will import into the FVTT Savage Worlds game system, and will use the compendiums in the "Savage Worlds Core Ruleset" premium module if installed.

It has not been tested with the HL "Adventure Edition" premium content since I don't own the "Savage Worlds Upgrade to Adventure Edition".

Farling

Farling is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old August 27th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Is RealmWorks necessary? Or can exports be done from Hero Lab?

I've held off buying RealmWorks because when Hero Lab announced they were doing layoffs, they indicated they were no longer supporting RealmWorks.

This seems like a big time saver....but does it require buying a no longer supported piece of software, just to get an export to work?
Aril is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 27th, 2021, 10:44 AM
Hi Aril. I don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to point out that while support has been scant it's not non-existent. A few months ago they fixed an import-export bug, and a bug that kept RW from integrating the 64 bit version of HeroLab.

What they actually said was specifically that they ARE still supporting RW, but that it is no longer in development.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old August 27th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Hi Aril. I don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to point out that while support has been scant it's not non-existent. A few months ago they fixed an import-export bug, and a bug that kept RW from integrating the 64 bit version of HeroLab.

What they actually said was specifically that they ARE still supporting RW, but that it is no longer in development.
Gotcha. How much does it have in the way of features? I hate the idea of paying monthly for software, but when they made that announcement re: RealmWorks, I changed from planning to buy that, to subscribing to WorldAnvil instead, and though WorldAnvil is neat, it's a progressive model where all kinds of features are kept back from you unless you pay even more.
Aril is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 27th, 2021, 11:53 AM
I think the only feature that was initially intended that didn't get implemented is the calendar.

I use it all the time - it is by far the best, most flexible world building/campaign management tool I've seen (and I've been playing a LONG time ).

You buy the software once and can install it on as many machines as you wish and don't HAVE to pay any monthly fees just to use the program.

BUT, to sync your realms between machines (and to allow your players to sync to their machines if they've chosen to buy RW themselves) you do have to pay a small monthly server maintenance fee (well worth it, in my mind).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 30th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aril View Post
Is RealmWorks necessary? Or can exports be done from Hero Lab?

I've held off buying RealmWorks because when Hero Lab announced they were doing layoffs, they indicated they were no longer supporting RealmWorks.

This seems like a big time saver....but does it require buying a no longer supported piece of software, just to get an export to work?
Hi Aril, the module will load a .por file directly and create an Actor for each sheet in the .por portfolio file. If it is PF1, D&D 5E or Savage Worlds then it will also try to populate as much of the Actor fields as possible; otherwise it will simply store the statblock in the Description/Biography field of the Actor(s).

Farling

Farling is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 31st, 2021, 07:26 AM
0.5.1 fixes a bug.

Snippets are now placed immediately after the section header when the section has sub-sections. (Previously they were put AFTER all sub-sections, and so appeared to be part of the last sub-section.)

Farling

Farling is offline   #80 Reply With Quote