Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Daphne Pfister

Old March 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I put together a simple perl script to split apart the full technique powers so that when a full discipline, both powers are made available to the character. I've only tested this on a Mac and you might need to use cpan to get some modules such as XML::Parser, XML::Writer, File::HomeDir, Clone, Readonly, common::sense to be able to use it.

What it does is looks for the unparsed information about the full discipline powers inside the "Attack Technique" powers that the ddidownloader generates, parses out the keywords and the like and then writes a fd_powers.user file with a replacement for the misparsed "Attack Technique" power as a "Full Discipline" power which bootstraps a fixed "Attack Technique" and "Movement Technique" power. It also adds a PowerLink between the "Attack Technique" and "Movement Technique" powers so that their relationship is visible on the "specials" tab. Finally it updates the description of the "full discipline" so that it has details of both the attack and movement technique so that when picking a power the full details of what it does is visible.

I put a copy of the perl script up at paste bin. http://pastebin.com/4EP6MYvG

Hopefully this is useful to other monk players.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #1 Reply With Quote