Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old September 10th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I thought I had finnally finished my campaign data set, and distibuted it to my players. An error occured when two of my players loaded the data set as they do not have the beastuary and I do. I bootstaped the race file for features. How should I proceed? I could make a copy of the needed race files in my data set, but wouldn't this cause a duplication of that race? At ten dollars it is a cheap fix to require them to buy it, but as they will not be running a game they dont really need it, and I would like my data set to be able to stand alone.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
If you duplicate everything without any changes, there will be a conflict. However, if you duplicate and change all of the unique ids to something different, you'll simply end up with two versions of the same thing. You can then give your players the version with the different unique ids and everything should work smoothly.

Note: Doing this will result in two copies of each thing on your computer (the copy and the original). You may want to add a new file on your system in which you hide the original things. That way, you'll only see one version and it will be the same one that the players are using, allowing you to load their portfolios easily for use in the Tactical Console.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote