Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Manalishi66

Old September 11th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I'm need help on how to make an item, such as a suit of armor (magical or mundane) useable only by a certain race. How is this done/scripted in HL?

Thanks!
Manalishi66 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old September 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
On the right hand side of the editor for the equipment/armour/weapons (or for that matter most Things), there's a button labeled "Pre-reqs." That's about as far as I've figured out, I'm still working on the exact script for it (I'm terrible at scripting/coding anything).
DthShdw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Find a feat that's only usable by a specific race - look at its "Expr-Reqs" and "Pre-Reqs". Copy that over to your item - the method for restricting something to a specific race doesn't vary between the different types of things.

Let's take the "Fiendish Facade" feat (from Pathfinder 26) - it's restricted to tieflings:

In the editor, go to the Feats tab, and at the bottom left, press "New (Copy)". Find "Fiendish Facade" in that list.

Now, you'll see that both the "Pre-Reqs" and "Expr-Reqs" buttons are highlighted, so click on each.

The message for the pre-req is "Only available at 1st level.", so that's not the one you're looking for - move on to the expr-req.

The Expr-Req has the message "Tiefling race required" and the Pre-Requisite Expression: "#hasrace[rTiefling] <> 0"

So, copy all of that to your item. Now, select the text "rTiefling" in the expression, and press the "Find Thing" button that's above and to the right of it. Restrict the list of things you're looking at to races, then find and double-click the race you want to restrict your item to, then change the name of the race in the message.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote