Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diceman

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I got my demo version up and running and was messing with the editor to see how the customizing works. I followed the tutorial in the manual but when I hit the test now button I get a failure message stating that it failed to compile line 19 due to incorrect unique Id number. I used the example in the tutorial "fArcSmash" so not sure what the problem is unless it just wont work in demo mode.
My knowledge in programming is horrendous so I might be missing something.

Also, which forum do customers use to discuss in depth using the editor? I noticed that several races have programing language in some of the fields reguarding racial feats and racial bonus powers. I plan on adding a few races once I get the full version so I figure I am going to need help with those.

Last edited by Diceman; November 5th, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: additional questions.
Diceman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:07 AM
First, which tutorial are you following? I'm not aware of a tutorial specifically for 4E, so that could be causing confusion for you.

The unique id you specify above looks perfectly valid, so that shouldn't be the issue. Is it possible that you also created one or more other things in the Editor? By default, things are given unique ids like "f???" or "cl???". If you created another thing in the Editor and it still has its initial (invalid) unique id, that would cause the error you're seeing.

In general, it's best to post questions about a specific game system within the forum for that game system. This applies even if you're working with the Editor. Each game system has its own unique properties, and those will impact how best to add content to that game system via the Editor, so posting in the forum for the game system will give everyone clear context regarding those details.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote