Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

loki.the.mischievous

Old February 5th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I've been attempting to create a Copper Dragon Shaman (PHB II) in Hero Lab, and I'm now getting an error message when attempting to compile the file that there is an invalid unique id at line 222 in the .dat file, but there's nothing that points me to exactly what it is. I want to fix it so it works, but I can't if I don't know specifically what it's pointing to.
  #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Open the file in the editor, then go to the Tools menu and choose "Find Line Number", then enter 222. It should tell you which thing is on line 222, and you can correct any invalid unique id you find for it.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
loki.the.mischievous

Old February 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I found and fixed the error, but now the class doesn't work at all, and I have to rebuild it from scratch.
  #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Can you be more specific than "doesn't work at all"? Is it the class that has the error, or the class panel?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
loki.the.mischievous

Old February 11th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you be more specific than "doesn't work at all"? Is it the class that has the error, or the class panel?
What ended up happening was, when I'd attempt to open the character I'd built using what I input for the class, Hero Lab would shut down completely. Then, when I'd try building a new character and add the class, the same would happen. I had to delete the dat files for the class and start over.
  #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
My copy does this as well sometimes. The application just crashes for no reason that I can find. happens when opening files, or just moving through them.
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
squadleader

Old June 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Has anyone been able to successfully create a Dragon Shaman? I have a player who is playing a Dragon Shaman and we are having a very slow time at creating the character.
squadleader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote