Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Ash Nazg

Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:33 AM
Here's a short video tutorial specifically for the TRACE command, if you're interested.

And, while I'm posting links, here's a smattering of other CC3+ video tutorials I've done that folks might find useful.

~ Ash
Ash Nazg is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old March 3rd, 2019, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Nazg View Post
Here's a short video tutorial specifically for the TRACE command, if you're interested.
~ Ash
That is hugely helpful because I'd just reached a point in my D&D5e game where the characters have reasonably run out of things to do on the island I created and I need to move them to the larger landmass, and I had no idea how to get the landmass into a new map so I could work on it.

Thank you!

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old March 4th, 2019, 04:09 PM
I probably wouldn't use trace to copy the landmass. First thing I'd do is use the 'Save As' function to make a copy of the map with a new name. Then I'd resize the new map by changing your borders. If you need to, then move the original land mass to where you want it inside the new borders and start adding what you need.

Some background things like oceans, you probably want to just resize them to fit the new larger map.

The only reasons I can think of to use trace would be if you wanted to change some style settings to the map. Maybe the size of the bitmaps used in the map could be an issue. If that's a problem, then I'd probably just draw the new land mass sans the old one and maybe put an arrow that says to 'old land mass' on the new map.

Last edited by Viking2054; March 4th, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
Viking2054 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote