Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Krothos

Old August 24th, 2018, 04:18 PM
In a future update, it is possible to have HL automatically hide any content/books we don't have licensed. Having to scroll through the entire list of stuff I don't have is tiring. Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 24th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
In a future update, it is possible to have HL automatically hide any content/books we don't have licensed. Having to scroll through the entire list of stuff I don't have is tiring. Thanks.
Maybe an option to view/hide?
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 25th, 2018, 08:14 AM
We don't really need an option though, do we? I mean, if it's not licensed, what good does it do to select it?

Although I suppose if all you wanted was to see what the available materials were, then listing them without being able to select them would still be useful. I guess?

This should be a much easier update that converting them into groups and subgroups (which still needs to be done, of course) since the licensing information is already known when that screen comes up, while grouping requires a UI change and, in most of the GUIs that I've worked with, the programming interface for tree structures is completely different than just a list of items...
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 25th, 2018, 03:42 PM
I'd like the option, but please don't make it automatic.

I use the list as a quick reference to see what I don't have (without having to log onto the website), but it would be nice to be able to hide them as well sometimes.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Arenlor

Old August 26th, 2018, 02:18 PM
For now you may do it the hard way which could down the road possibly cause problems for you. That said: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data is where they're kept, delete any you don't have and the launcher will only show what are left.
Arenlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 26th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Tried Arenlor's suggestion and remove Frog God Games' and Kobold Press's data files. The HL resulted in 2 bootstrap errors and unable to load the Pathfinder game. Had to reinstall the PF data files to get the software working again.
Krothos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Tried Arenlor's suggestion and remove Frog God Games' and Kobold Press's data files. The HL resulted in 2 bootstrap errors and unable to load the Pathfinder game. Had to reinstall the PF data files to get the software working again.
Arenlor misunderstood the question. He thought you meant the different game systems like Shadowrun. Not the individual packages installed into the Pathfinder folder.

You can not remove the package files or HL will fail to load correctly. As you found out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 27th, 2018, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
We don't really need an option though, do we? I mean, if it's not licensed, what good does it do to select it?
When you say "we", you're falsely assuming that everyone thinks like you think and wants what you want, which is almost never true for any of us.

Making it an option allows you to have what you want and others to have what they want.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 28th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Making it an option allows you to have what you want and others to have what they want.
Which is what I said in my second paragraph.

But you're right, an option is good. Letting people turn it on and off as they wish would be useful.
Azhrei is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 28th, 2018, 01:55 PM
On a similar note can we not auto check books? Nothing like having to uncheck modules and AP's for existing characters when new material comes out.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote