Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eponette

Old August 2nd, 2016, 02:41 AM
Hi

Since a while, when I open a map, all the RW interface changes. the font get smaller, the right panel with all the links dispapear from my screnn as if they were out of my screen, ...

I need to change to another tab, and go back to the map in order to have all things OK. Sometimes twice.

What can I do?
eponette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 2nd, 2016, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponette View Post
Hi

Since a while, when I open a map, all the RW interface changes. the font get smaller, the right panel with all the links dispapear from my screnn as if they were out of my screen, ...

I need to change to another tab, and go back to the map in order to have all things OK. Sometimes twice.

What can I do?
I have had this happen too. When this happens, my player view gets messed up and unusable also. The only way I have been able to fix this is to unplug/re-plug my second monitor and restart realm works.
Toblakai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:08 AM
The best thing to do when RW is behaving odd is mail support and give as much information on when, what and how it happens. The more details you can provide the better. Especially if you are able to recreate the behavior.
The support ticket will ensure that the RW team is aware of the behavior and can look for possible solutions.
Cornelius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
The best thing to do when RW is behaving odd is mail support and give as much information on when, what and how it happens. The more details you can provide the better. Especially if you are able to recreate the behavior.
The support ticket will ensure that the RW team is aware of the behavior and can look for possible solutions.
It might be a good idea to include some details of your hardware and software configuration. Since it doesn't seem to happen very often (at least I have never seen that behaviour) something could be peculiar with your situation.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 2nd, 2016, 09:33 PM
I reported this around 6 weeks ago. I then went away on various holidays/business trips. I still haven't got around to sending screen captures of the problem.

I only remembered about it when it happened during a game session last night.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Someone emailed support about this and has provided some screenshots. I've asked a few follow-up questions and we are in the process of working out what might be going wrong.

FWIW I've never seen this behavior personally, nor (I believe) has anyone within the company (my favorite kind of bug! )
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old August 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Hi Joe,

I just send you the screen shots. I hope this will show you clearly the strange behavior
eponette is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2016, 01:52 PM
@eponette yes I see them thank you. We'll take a look...
Joe is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
This is directly affected by having your screen font size set to something other than 100%. I have it set to 125% on my laptop and it causes the problem. (Case 102781)
Farling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone. We can reproduce it in-house now. Now to figure out what the heck is going on and how to fix it!
Joe is offline   #10 Reply With Quote