Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old October 19th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Hello all! I'm trying to create a modified Mysterious Stranger archetype for the Gunslinger class, but have run into a snag. Here's what I've done so far:

In the editor, I did a New (Copy) to open an instance of the archetype for reference, and a New (Blank) where I actually did the work. I'm starting by just recreating the archetype just as it is, so I carefully copied every single thing I could find over to the new archetype - every button, every tag, every script, everything.

Saved. Tested. "You may now use 'Mysterious Stranger'" message appeared.

Started a new character. Add a level of Gunslinger. Open Archetype window. My version of the Mysterious Stranger archetype is there, but is listed under "Special Archetypes" rather than under the Gunslinger archetypes, and is grayed out with the message, "Gunslinger class required," even though I've added a level of Gunslinger. Adding the archetype anyway does not add any of the archetypes abilities to the character.

Troubleshooting So Far:
  • (Re)verified all information in the new archetype in the editor. Twice.
  • Made sure appropriate Sources were enabled in Configure Hero, and that they match what's in the archetype.
  • Changed "Class to Modify" in the editor to other classes, added those classes to the character. In each case, the newly designated class is listed as required in the Archetype window, and in none of the cases did adding the class to the character remove the error or cause the archetype abilities to be added.

I'm certain I'm missing something, I just can't for the life of me figure out what it is!

Can anyone help me with this?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 21st, 2020, 08:07 AM
So it's been a couple of days and no responses to this so I thought I'd circle back around and see if anyone has any thoughts...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sphynx

Old October 21st, 2020, 11:43 PM
Hey Maidhc, I think I found the problem...

Class to Modify, there are 2 Gunslinger classes. Choose the 2nd one (scroll down a few times, they're not in alphabetical order). I think the first group are ShadowChemosh's classes... those don't work for me. :/
Sphynx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 23rd, 2020, 02:11 PM
Thank you! That was exactly the problem!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote