Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Elltear

Old March 6th, 2020, 10:42 PM
Okay i am have problem i am trying to merge Monk and Weretouched master. I used the a copy of the base Weretouched Master. Then added all the monk ability but i am unable to choose where were form i am choosing when i choose Improved Natural attack it will not allow me to choose my shifter skill to improve. How can i fix this
Elltear is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elltear View Post
Okay i am have problem i am trying to merge Monk and Weretouched master. I used the a copy of the base Weretouched Master. Then added all the monk ability but i am unable to choose where were form i am choosing when i choose Improved Natural attack it will not allow me to choose my shifter skill to improve. How can i fix this
Copying classes can be tricky. You have to make copies of all the class specials and assign them to the new class. If you've done that and are still having trouble, please attach the file containing the new class and I can take a look. It's too difficult to debug without seeing it.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old March 9th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Okay i have added everything I cannot get it to allow me to choose which were creature they are, or get the weretouched ability to show up at the proper level, or the monk ability as well, plus how do i add the ac bonus and the unarmed damage hit dice change. Thank you in advanced.

Personal.user
Elltear is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 10th, 2020, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Okay i have added everything I cannot get it to allow me to choose which were creature they are, or get the weretouched ability to show up at the proper level, or the monk ability as well, plus how do i add the ac bonus and the unarmed damage hit dice change. Thank you in advanced.
Some observations:

1) I wasn't able to compile this file as is due to some missing bootstrap things on the Class thing (cHelpWMM). These were:

cRogEvas1 -- I removed this as you already had cMnkEvas1 bootstrapped.
cBbnFast1 -- Changed to cBndFast1.
cMnkSpeed52 -- Changed to cMnkSpeed51.

2) You need to change the Class Helper Bootstrap on the Class Level thing (cWereMonk) from Weretouched Master to Weretouched Monk.

3) To populate your "Animal Types" custom abilities go to the Class thing in the editor and scroll down to the bottom where it says "Allow Class Abilities...". Click the Edit button and select "Weretouched Master" and re-compile.

4) Some Class Specials (such as cWeMWereII) have bootstraps with conditions on them. These conditions are looking for class levels of Weretouched Master. This will need to be changed to Weretouched Monk (look for tag Classes.WMM).

As a general rule, it's preferable to use the Variant Class functionality to modify base classes to create gestalts. In this case, I would modify the Monk and add Weretouched Master features to it. If you decide to go that route, you can delete any Monk-based Class Specials you've created and keep the Weretouched Master-based ones. Then attach these specials to the Class Variant. This would remove any issues with the monk side of things.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old March 10th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Okay i tried your idea and edit monk that has worked easier but i still can choose my animal type. Also for some reason i am gaining the skills but it does not show up in my list. Right now i am working with just tiger if i can that to pop up i will add the other. Thank you

Personal.user
Elltear is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 11th, 2020, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Okay i tried your idea and edit monk that has worked easier but i still can choose my animal type. Also for some reason i am gaining the skills but it does not show up in my list. Right now i am working with just tiger if i can that to pop up i will add the other. Thank you
Looks like you didn't fill in "Allow Class Abilities..." per step 3 above. You'll need to do that to populate your custom ability. This option is at the bottom of the section marked "Custom Abilities" right above Alignment Options.

Also, based on this new user file I'm not sure you understand what "Variant" means in HL. In the "Class" tabs there is a subtab called "Class Variant". This is used to modify already existing classes. If you need more help understanding how this feature works let us know.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old March 11th, 2020, 10:57 AM
Okay i am trying to use "Class Variant" but now with the Animal Forms i coming up with the problem of keeps asking for child. Plus I can not get the class skills to pop in the class skill window they are showing up in the ability slot but not in class window.

Bear Str +16, Dex +2, Con+8
Boar Str +4, Con +6
Rat Dex +6, Con +2
Tiger Str +12, Dex +4, Con +6
Wolf Str +2, Dex +4, Con +4
Wolverine Str +4, Dex +4, Con +8

Thank you advance

Personal.user

Last edited by Elltear; March 11th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Elltear is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2020, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Okay i am trying to use "Class Variant" but now with the Animal Forms i coming up with the problem of keeps asking for child. Plus I can not get the class skills to pop in the class skill window they are showing up in the ability slot but not in class window.

Bear Str +16, Dex +2, Con+8
Boar Str +4, Con +6
Rat Dex +6, Con +2
Tiger Str +12, Dex +4, Con +6
Wolf Str +2, Dex +4, Con +4
Wolverine Str +4, Dex +4, Con +8

Thank you advance
You need to select Shifter as your race. That's why the child errors are occurring.

As for the rest, take a look at the scripts on your custom abilities. They are looking for class specials on the Weretouched Master:

Code:
if (hero.child[cWeMWere3].tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] <> 0) then
You'll need to change cWeMWere3 to the appropriate new version. Also, [and this isn't your fault because you just copied the original] it's better to use hero.childfound instead of hero.child to help avoid errors. hero.child should only be used if you know 100% that the thing will be on the hero under all circumstances.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Elltear

Old March 13th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Thank you so much it is now all fixed and working without any problems.
Elltear is offline   #9 Reply With Quote