Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 13th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Just letting you guys know my group moved on from Pathfinder weeks ago, so I'm no longer going to be adding new data to these files and may not be working to maintain them. Bug fixes will come when I have time to do them but I'd suggest some of you learn to use the editor to fix these issues yourselves when they arise if you intend to continue using the files. I may not be able to get to fixing them as often and don't always update hero lab for pathfinder immediately with each pathfinder release now.

Edit: I have fixed the issues that have been reported via the threads, I am going to wait a couple days to see if anything else gets reported before getting the files ready for a new release as none of the bugs you reported showed up after I updated hero lab on my end. Not sure why I wasn't seeing these error messages but if there are any other issues I'd like to catch them through reports before launching another release.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; April 13th, 2016 at 08:17 PM.
RavenX is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 13th, 2016, 10:26 PM
sad to hear you won't be adding more to the files but perfectly understandable. thanks for all the good work you've put in!
psych777 is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 14th, 2016, 06:08 AM
If you are not going to be working with Pathfinder; I would be more than happy to take over maintenance of the FR files. If it would be helpful.

To echo psych's words. Thank you for all the great work you've done. It is very much appreciated.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 15th, 2016, 03:03 PM
I'll leave the files posted after the next update "as-is" but I am not going to spending time updating them every time a Pathfinder update comes out. I have zero incentive to do so. My group has stopped playing Pathfinder completely. I don't particularly care who it is that takes over maintaining or adding data to the files, that is for you all to decide on. I just have no reason to do the work anymore since my group no longer uses Pathfinder.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 21st, 2016, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
If you are not going to be working with Pathfinder; I would be more than happy to take over maintenance of the FR files. If it would be helpful.

To echo psych's words. Thank you for all the great work you've done. It is very much appreciated.
Toby 2 years ago my group held a vote on Switching to 5e from Pathfinder. All but one player voted in favor of the edition change. The one player who did not support it decided to leave the group the night the vote was made. So the switch happened. If I am not personally running Pathfinder my heart just isn't going to be into coding for it. We were using it as a substitute for D&D and now that we've found a better balance in 5e we decided to stick to it. Not to say I haven't heavily modified 5e, as I have. I also have converted a lot of pathfinder material into new class options for players wanting to still use pathfinder's archetypes in my campaign. We still use pathfinder just in a new way. It's honestly a lot easier for me to run 5e and my group has found we can easily keep up with it without needing hero lab.

RavenX is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
driZzt

Old May 11th, 2016, 03:53 AM
I know you no longer put really much effort into developing anything for pathfinder ...

but maybe you can help me on this one ...

as I updated herolab again to the current version I came across the folowing issues:

1. I don't see any option to choose a Forgotten Realms package anymore at all ... so when Im trying to configure my hero i simply dont find dat option any more. My created portfolios from before ofc show a lot of errors ... gods don't exist etc.

2. I see this, when I wanna enter the pathfinder game system on herolab:

driZzt is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 11th, 2016, 07:43 PM
TobyFox will have to fix this issue. It's in one of the feats. I think in the Races of Faerun file. The code just has to be changed. Though if Toby has released a new version I'd recommend updating to that as it should fix those issues.

RavenX is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 11th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
TobyFox will have to fix this issue. It's in one of the feats. I think in the Races of Faerun file. The code just has to be changed. Though if Toby has released a new version I'd recommend updating to that as it should fix those issues.
That has already been fixed. He has also mention a few other errors that were discovered in my first update (and subsequently pushed to the community). My next update will probably be mid-june.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
demonlurking

Old August 16th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
That has already been fixed. He has also mention a few other errors that were discovered in my first update (and subsequently pushed to the community). My next update will probably be mid-june.
I just downloaded the current version in RavenX's data repository and am still getting the following error:

Quote:
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fFRSoutMag' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Tag 'Classes.Inquisitor' not defined
Is there a different repository that you are using now? Or did the June update not happen? This is with v2.3 the modification date given by HeroLab is 2015-03-01.
demonlurking is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 16th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlurking View Post
Is there a different repository that you are using now? Or did the June update not happen? This is with v2.3 the modification date given by HeroLab is 2015-03-01.
You need to switch to TobyFox's files.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #70 Reply With Quote