Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Bomberg

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Hi folks,

a simple question I could not answer myself reading your license agreement:

Can I export and give my own custom data entered by hand to a friend for him using it with his HL license?

I understand that the bought files are tied to one license and computer, but what with my own stuff?

Huldvoll

Baron von Bomberg
Bomberg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2007, 03:27 AM
At 11:59 AM 4/5/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Can I export and give my own custom data entered by hand to a friend for him using it with his HL license?

I understand that the bought files are tied to one license and computer, but what with my own stuff?
Absolutely! The data files you create are simply XML (i.e. formatted text) files. They can be freely and easily moved to other computers, so you can readily share them with others in your gaming group - or anyone else who you wish to give them to.

One of the things percolating up near the top of the priority queue right now is making it easy to package up these files so that they can be shared even more easily than is currently the case. Right now, you just copy the files to another user's computer, putting them into the d20 data file directory, and then reload the files. However, we'll be making it possible for an author to generate a single file that contains a bunch of data files, allowing other users to import a set of files with a few mouse clicks and have all the files magically be put into the right place. Think of it as a smart Zip file. With luck, we'll have this added this month, but that all depends on a few other competing priorities, so keep those fingers crossed....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote