Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
I would also like to see a fairly easy/quick way to select certain parts of a source. So instead of hitting the checkbox for a certain sources to have all of the rules of that source apply, I'd like to have some way to select, say, only all Edges, Hindrances, Skills, Arcane Backgrounds, Arcane Powers and/or various Equipment and Weapons for that source to show up (probably in that order of priority if only part of that could be implemented).

I find that I'd love to be able to make some of, say, the stuff in Deadlands and Deadlands: Noir show us as available to my Deadlands: Hell on Earth players, but at the moment I have to essentially create a new source and then select that source for every little thing I want to show up as available for my players. Tedious, but it works well enough for what I want. It also means if there are any updates to any of those .user files I have to go back and fix them if I update from official sources. So having some way within the program to do that would just be awesome, and a huge time saver.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 24th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Another thing, partially brought up by someone on the Pinnacle forums, when you select Edges at character creation they are grouped by type, but when you go to add an Edge at Advancement they are all just alphabetical. It would be nice to have them grouped by category there as well.

It may also be helpful to have a couple of sort options, too. So, for example, being able to sort by pre-requisites, such that if you satisfy all of them you could put those together at the top of the list (yes, I realize you can filter that way, but that's just an example).

Related it might be nice to search on pre-requisites as well. Right now the search function will search the names and text of something like an Edge but it doesn't search the pre-requisite text. So if I wanted to, for example, use the search box to limit only to Seasoned Edges there is no way for me to do that currently.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 11th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
zarlor is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I feel like I'm the only one posting to this thread lately. Don't mean to hog it up but other folks keep giving me too many ideas!

This one isn't Savage Worlds specific, but one other thing I would like to see is if we could either sort, alphabetize or otherwise group all of the updates on the "Latest Updates" screen. As it is things like the "Savage Settings" files don't seem to group up nicely together where they might be easier to find.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
zarlor I will be back - I'm waiting on a question list I made to StoryWeaver about their High-Space game, They said they are working on the answers and would send them back to me. So I have been put on hold until I get may feedback from StoryWeaver and then I will be back on asking questions and hogging some of the forum from you and making CapeCrusaders job that much harder. LOL. just kidding - I know he loves answering my pain in the butt questions.
jbearwillis is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
CapeCrusader, is there anyway to put a check box in the Setting adjustment tab that will turn on the No power Points rule. Instead of telling all players to do so in there herolab programs. That way you can have it for only the settings you wish it to be turned on for. It would be so much easier that way. I have some campaigns I use it for and others I do not. I know you can make portfolio's so all your players can use the same rules but that becomes so much more of a pain if you have several campaigns going on. It just would be nice to have it set to the setting adjust tab.

Thanks JBear

Last edited by jbearwillis; March 3rd, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
jbearwillis is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:40 AM
Oooh. Yeah, that would be generally nice to have available for all of the setting rules. Although I know it can be coded in for Multiple Languages, but it could be helpful to have any of the rest available as a setting rule checkbox.

EDIT: This was added in v2.7.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; September 12th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
zarlor is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Another one brought up over on the Pinnacle forums was that there is no Permanent Adjustment selection for SPC Super Power points, which could be useful particularly or throwing together quickie NPCs for that setting.

EDIT: Added in v2.7

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; September 12th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
zarlor is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Oooh, goodie! Setting Adjustment suggestions! I'll look into both of these.
CapedCrusader is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Coolness that makes my day.
jbearwillis is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
Per Mathias' suggestion I'd like to request fixed-race minions, which he says "What that will allow is that you can add a bootstrap of the race to the <minion> entry - currently, you can add that bootstrap, but it will generate lots of errors, and it'll still offer you a choice of races along the top (which allows you to get to the unexpected state of having two races on the same character, which could have all sorts of unforeseen consequences)"

Also I'd like to request that an "Ally Helper" tab (compset="Ally") be added to the editor, so that we have a place to create new items like mscFamiliar.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #50 Reply With Quote