Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rdevelyn

Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi there,

Can I just check that this is just a demo issue.

I want to use Hero Lab like I used to use DM Genie, so it's pretty important for me to be able to generate multiple creatures.

Cheers

Richard
rdevelyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry but I do not understand the question. You assume that I'm very familiar with the old DM Genie tool, but I'm not. So please outline exactly what you're trying to accomplish and assume that your reader has zero familiarity with other tools. Then we can give you a clear answer regarding whether Hero Lab can provide the functionality for you.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rdevelyn

Old October 4th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I'm sorry but I do not understand the question. You assume that I'm very familiar with the old DM Genie tool, but I'm not. So please outline exactly what you're trying to accomplish and assume that your reader has zero familiarity with other tools. Then we can give you a clear answer regarding whether Hero Lab can provide the functionality for you.
I make no such assumption, actually.

When I attempted to do use the duplicate character function in Hero Lab (Pathfinder data set) using the demo version of the product I got the message:

"An unexpected error occurred when attempting to duplicate the character."

Richard
rdevelyn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
If you had stated the problem as clearly in the first post as you did in the second, I would have understood what you were asking. Unfortunately, the original post was beyond my ability to figure out and your abstract reference to DM Genie led me to think it was something to do with that product. Sorry for not piecing it together.

Duplicating an entire character relies on the underlying mechanics for saving and loading a character, which are not available in demo mode. So duplication requires that you have an activated license. As a sanity check, I just did a verification test of duplicating a complex Pathfinder character - it works nicely with an activated license.

It seems that Hero Lab isn't properly checking whether you're in demo mode before attempting the duplicate operation. So the operation fails due to being in demo mode and the UI is returning a non-helpful error message. We'll get that fixed.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rdevelyn

Old October 4th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Ok, Rob,

Thanks for your answer.

Richard
rdevelyn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote