Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sablevarg

Old May 7th, 2016, 08:29 AM
I've got a tall order for anyone who can help:
I had a request to create a Sage class. The 1st level special ability is supposed to be called Knowledge Specialty, you pick a skill & a category within that skill (ex: History - Ancient kingdoms) & you get your Proficiency Bonus added.

My first problem: I want the choices limited to Arcana, History, Investigation, Medicine, Nature & Religion - but they don't necessarily need to be proficient in the skill.
I can get it to allow all skills or just the ones their proficient in, but I can't seem to quite get where I want to go.

My second problem: I want it listed under the chosen skill, listed as Specialty: Ancient Kingdoms +2
I found the code [#situational[hero.child[skHistory],"Specialty +2",field[name].text]], but I can't get it to recognize my skill choice where skHistory is & I can't seem to get the specialty sandwiched in the quote. It wigs out whenever I try variables.

Any help would be very appreciated.
thank you in advance.
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 9th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Have you posted this in the correct forum? Those sound like 4th ed skills, not 3.5 ones?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 9th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Oh, sorry, my mistake. I completely got confused about what forum I was viewing threads in.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 9th, 2016, 12:27 PM
First problem: Set the candidate expression of the ability to look at the defining tag for each of those skills, separated by "|" which means "or".

Second problem: Do you have the ability showing a box for user text? Type some text in, then use the debugging tool to figure out which field stores that text, so you can refer to it in your script. It'll look something like this:

Render 10000
Code:
~ Around here do your stops
doneif (STANDARD STOPS)

~ Around here get your proficiency bonus
var profbon as number
profbon = THEMACROWHICHACCESSESPROFICIENCYBONUS

~ Around here apply the situational
#situational[hero.childfound[skHistory], signed(profbon) & " bonus when dealing with " & field[WHATEVERFIELDIDSTORESUSERTEXT].text, field[thingname].text]
Replace ALLCAPS with appropriate code, of course.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old May 10th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Thank you, Aaron, for the help; I've gotten it to list the allowable skills only, and have gotten the notation to appear in the skill block under history with the help you've given.
However, I still can't find the proper code to type in place of the 'skHistory' spot to make it appear under the skill they've chosen.
The prompt is usrCandid1; the choice is usrChosen1. I've tried every combination I could think of (usrChosen1, usrChosen1.value, #usrChosen1, etc) and all I get are error messages telling me "invalid id specified for thing"
Now I'm lost... again.

Again, any help that could be rendered would be appreciated!
sablevarg is offline   #5 Reply With Quote