Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sablevarg

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:44 AM
I am trying to make a feat called Spy Network
It would give a +2 on Gather Information, Knowledge: Nobility, and Knowledge: Local rolls - but only in one particular city. The actual effect would just be in the written text (I don't need to script that part).
My question is: How do I create a field that would allow the player to input the city they choose? (I'm hoping I can make it look like Spy Network:Port Halconon their sheet).
Secondly: If possible, I need it to make the city name into a variable that I can use for the feats Improved Spy Network (which would advance the bonuses to +3 each, but require Spy Network in that city) & Massive Spy Network( takes it to +5 on the skills, but requires Imp Spy Network in that city).
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablevarg View Post
I am trying to make a feat called Spy Network
It would give a +2 on Gather Information, Knowledge: Nobility, and Knowledge: Local rolls - but only in one particular city. The actual effect would just be in the written text (I don't need to script that part).
My question is: How do I create a field that would allow the player to input the city they choose? (I'm hoping I can make it look like Spy Network:Port Halconon their sheet).
In the editor, use the dropdown menu "Select From..." and choose 'Freeform Edit Control'. This will leave a blank place for players to enter whatever data they want.

Quote:
Secondly: If possible, I need it to make the city name into a variable that I can use for the feats Improved Spy Network (which would advance the bonuses to +3 each, but require Spy Network in that city) & Massive Spy Network( takes it to +5 on the skills, but requires Imp Spy Network in that city).
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
How many cities are you talking about? If the answer is "a whole lot" then your best bet is to just use the honor system I think. If its a manageable amount, you can either do individual feats for each city, or you might be able to create some specials that you can use to populate a dropdown menu on the feat. I'd have to think about how to do that, and could take a look at that on monday.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
That worked perfectly, thanks!
My known realm is rather spread out; a dozen or so kingdoms & north of 35 cities - so it sounds like the honor system it is!
But if you try anyway, let me know how it works out.

Thanks again
sablevarg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 20th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
That worked perfectly, thanks!
My known realm is rather spread out; a dozen or so kingdoms & north of 35 cities - so it sounds like the honor system it is!
But if you try anyway, let me know how it works out.

Thanks again
North of 35? Another time perhaps.

Glad you got it working.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote